Seventeen

The Next Day; Sunday Dinner
Nicki's POV

     "So you coming?" I had him on speaker phone as I got dressed. "Yeah, you said 2:00 right?"

     "Yes." I moved my hair over my shoulders. "Okay, I'll be there." He said. "You going to church?" He shuffled around for a minute and then got back on the phone. "What?"  

     "You going to church?" I repeated. "If my momma ask. If not, them I'll probably sleep."

     "You still tired?" I looked at my reflection in the mirror. "Not as much." I nodded. "Alright, I'll call you back later if you don't come to church. Bye babe."

     "Bye Magic." I smirked, shaking my head as I hung up. "He a damn fool." I said to myself. I grabbed my clutch and walked out of my room, closing my door. Caiah came out in his little suit. I laughed at him. "Aw, look who had to dress up." I teased.

     He smacked his teeth. "Shut the hell up." He said, under his breath. "Ooh, ma! Caiah said a curse word!" He shook his head. "Snitch. You be spitting them out 24/7." I shrugged. "I'm 17. You're not." I rolled my eyes. "Love you too brother."

     I walked downstairs, meeting my mom in the kitchen. She was preparing food already. "Ma, you act like you ain't gone have a whole 3 hours to make stuff when you get back. She looked up at me. "I don't like to be unprepared."

"We boutta be late ma, come on." She sighed, putting things together and covering food up. Caiah came downstairs as my mom and I were walking out. We got in the car and headed to church.

     Getting there, my mom sat towards the front, but I stayed in the back with Caiah.

      As church started, I sat up straight, trying to pay attention. The door kept opening to people that were coming in late.

      A few minutes later, I felt a kiss on my cheek from the back row. I turned around and so did Caiah. I smiled. "Thought you weren't coming." He came around to sit beside me. "I said if my mom asked. She going to sit with yours now."

     Sitting down, he put his arm around my shoulder as Caiah squinted his eyes at him. "What's up man?" Meek held his hand out. The dapped up and I shook my head. "Such boys." I said, under my breath.
**********
2:00

     "Baby, go wash your hands, they're probably ready to eat and we still upstairs." He got of my bed as I fixed my outfit.

"Why is it possible for ya ass to be that fat?" I giggled. "Science." He walked out the room.

I heard the door open downstairs. "Hey everybody!" My eyes widened. I smiled, running down the stairs. I pushed Meek out the way, he was still walking down. I saw Michelle at the door. "Where's my cookie?"

"Right here, Mickey!" I jumped on her back. "Hey, boo!" I kissed her cheek. "Hey, girl hey!" Meek scrunched his face up. "Mickey, meet Meek. Meek this is Mickey."

She smiled. "Hey Meek." She shook his hand. "You gone act like we ain't here?" My mom said. I laughed. "I had to see Cookie first."

I got off of her back. "That's your boyfriend or something?" I folded my lips in, nodding. She raised her eyebrows. "We'll have a talk later."

I smiled, rolling my eyes. "I'm 17. I'm pretty sure I know the talk." She laughed. "I don't know, sometimes these teenagers act like they forget and be 16 and pregnant."

I laughed. "Go say hi before ma get mad." She walked away as Meek's arms wrapped around my waist. "Did you wash your hands?" He smacked his teeth, walking to the bathroom. "Thanks." He shook his head. I laughed at him.