7. THE TRUTH ABOUT GABRIEL'S FATHER

THE PLAN WAS FAIRLY EASY. Get in the building, bring pizzas since I know Travis has a meeting right now, and talk to him privately, making them think that we're in a romantic phase, say goodbye, then, get out.

Right after talking to Alex about the plan, we ended the call, knowing that he'll be needed to take the shift and he didn't need to be distracted with me on his ear. I spent the night, watching over the house, never taking my eyes on the screens until it was ten in the morning. By then, I realized the time, got out of the building and made sure to take a shower immediately when I got home.

I decided to wear a red-white floral print dress, one that matched the color of my hair, and this one, I decided to wear loafers with the same floral print on it, only it was black and red. And I decided to go natural on my hair, not curling it since it can easily destroy my hair if I continue to iron it.

I look like some wanna be teenager right now. Somebody take my Glock 26 Gen 5 and use it to shoot me.

It took about an hour for me to hop into my car and start driving to a pizzeria, making sure to get about four party sizes with different toppings on each pizza just in case they get picky on what they want, and then finally arriving at Mason Global Industries, the building just towering over everyone, making it seem like the neighbor buildings were only small toys that five-year-olds played with.

All my life in high-school where Travis and I were together, I have never seen the inside of Mason Global Industries. It was had left a sour taste in Travis' mouth whenever it would be mentioned, especially when we tried to endure dinner with his parents and they couldn't stop talking about how the future will be great for their family.

How when he gets over his silly infatuation with me, he'll finally be able to step up and take the position that everyone needed him to be.

The inside of the building was absolutely gorgeous. The walls were painted different each floor I stepped into, just scoping around, making note of each entrances there is each floor. So far, there's about four fire exits on each one, and two elevators.

When I reached the top floor, which was giving me nausea each time I stepped out to look through the window, I stepped out and the woman by the reception turned to me, her lips pressed into a thin line. "Can I help you?"

"Yeah, I'm just wondering if you could point me—"

"You're the high-school sweetheart!" The woman, maybe in her mid-twenties, stood up, her tied up hair swinging on the process. "I'm very sorry for that rudeness. My name's Charlotte. Uhm, Mr. Mason said not for anyone to disrupt the meeting they're having right now so if you could just wait by here while I go call him up and—"

Automatically, I started shaking my head. "No, please, don't. It's supposed to be a surprise. Anyway, I brought pizzas for the people he's meeting with so if you could just point me on the right direction..." As I dangled the pizzas around by holding the rope tying them together, she looked hesitant, her head tilting in confusion whether to give me the information or not. "I promise that if he gets mad, I'll tell him that I got past you even if you tried to block me. Sounds fair?"

Without another fight, she sighed, pointing straight ahead. "Go through that hall, and turn right and just continue. You'll be able to see them because the meeting room is surrounded by glass."

"Thank you," I whispered, running silently past her.

The walls here were painted stone blue, very formal shade, something I'd completely understand especially if this was the floor where he's placed at. It was very busy—people walking around, some screaming at their phones, and some plastered to their computers, typing away, not a care in the world but when you turned right, it seemed silent for a while, until you could hear men talking.