18. FAMILY ISN'T ALWAYS GREAT

SHE WAS OUT OF THE WOODS. She was finally stable, one that they were sure of. She went into a "cardiogenic shock" for a brief moment, telling us that her heart was having a difficult time pumping enough blood which they had to get her back in surgery considering her condition, plasmas and fluids were not going to be enough and they had to go through with fixing up the aortic dissection immediately.

It all gave us a sense of relief but none of us were still quite comfortable because she wasn't still waking up. Dr. Housten told us that it was normal. The body was still recovering from the surgery and the trauma it had suffered in. It was just a matter of time before she would be conscious.

The rest of the guys went home, told me that they would visit tomorrow morning, Sean and Adriana took Gabriel home no matter how much he was protesting not to go when he got woken up by them, Alex and Polly still haven't come back ever since someone called him, and I was just in Sam's room, where they gave me a bed to sleep in, next to her.

My eyes closed, and I couldn't help but drift off to sleep, knowing that she's stabilized and near me.

She was sitting on the kitchen counter, swaying her legs. "Honestly, why can't we just stay here? Don't you want to spend your last week before graduation with your friends?"

Walking to her, I placed my hands on her bare thighs. "I'll be planning to hangout with a goodbye party on graduation, Sammy. What I want for us is to just take a few days off, where we're alone, and no one could disturb us. It's just us. It's the perfect dream of mine."

She rolled her eyes, those beautiful brown eyes playing with me. "You just want to see me in a lingerie on the nights we're at the beach house, and in a bikini when we're at the water."

I shrugged, giving her a smirk. "You could just wear nothing at all. It is a private beach, after a—okay, ow!"

Her hand was faster than my reflex. She managed to hit me at the back of my head in a flash. "Pervert," she murmured, pushing me off of her and stepping off the counter, walking to the dining table filled with food but then, she stopped.

She sounded like she was choking.

My hand grasped her shoulder and she spun around; the shirt she was wearing soaked in blood.

"I told you," she smiled. "I'm getting you out of here."

And she fell.

I jolted up awake, my head turning immediately to my right, seeing Sammy with needles stuck at the back of her hand, and she wasn't even complaining about it.

All she did was sleep. Still haven't woken up.

The rest of the night, I couldn't sleep—afraid that something might happen to her again.

"We're receiving reports that Samantha Alexander is in the hospital," my head snapped towards the television at Sam's room, seeing the two reporters at Chit-Chat. The woman, Mary, was speaking. "According to sources, she's in the hospital, fighting for her life, with famous mogul, CEO of Mason Global Industries, Travis Mason staying by her side."

What the actual fuck?

Sammy didn't speak. If she could, I would be expecting her yelling at everyone here for letting this get out.