Beach

Harry's POV
"It's six thirty, do you want to head home?" I ask Bella. We're sitting on the ledge of a fountain, eating ice-cream. She shakes her head, taking another big bite of the ice-cream.
"Aren't you having fun? Plus, who heads home at six thirty?" Bella says playfully. She had a little wine during lunch, and apparently, Bella gets tipsy very quickly. I'm never letting her have more than a glass next time.
"I'm having a lot fun. Trust me." I wish that Bella had her eyesight. I want her to see the truth in my eyes. Surprisingly, I am having a great time today. Bella and I haven't bickered one bit since we left the house.
"Harry, can we go to the beach?" Bella asks me, turning her head toward me slightly. I don't think that Bella has gotten used to being without her vision. However, I can tell that she's trying to use her other senses a lot more. I purse my lips. Recently I've realized one thing, I don't like water. The idea of so much open water, ready to pull me in, frightens me. I don't want to go. However, Bella's asking me so nicely.
"O-Okay." I reply hesitantly. Why the heck am I going out of my way for this girl? I should tell her no. I don't want to go anyway. The beach scares me, but I don't want to admit this to anyone; they'll think I'm a pussy. In fact, I am a pussy to have such fears.
"Thank you!" Bella exclaims, excitedly. She seems so happy that I have accepted her wish. Yeah, we're definitely going to the beach.
**********
"Aren't you coming?" Bella asks me, turning her head toward the left, even though I'm standing on her right.
"No, I don't want to get my pants wet. They're new and expense." I say, trying to sound convincing. Bella bursts out laughing. What'd I say? I look at her confused, as she continues to laugh, placing her hand on her stomach.
"What'd I say?" I ask her, furrowing my brow. Bella raises her finger, gesturing for me to wait. She calms down, and tugs at her lip with her teeth.
"Y-You said that you don't want to get your pants wet." Bella says, choking on another laugh. I don't get the joke. "Get it? Pants wet? God, Harry you're so slow."
"Bella, I'm not seeing what's so funny, so I'll leave you to laughing and take a seat at the back." I remove my hand from her shoulders and head toward the back; away from the treacherous waters.
"My old Harry would've understood me in a heartbeat." I hear Bella say, as I take a seat on a beach chair. I feel so bad whenever someone passes a comment like that. It's like I'm the same person, but I'm not. Whenever I do something that my old self wouldn't, I feel as if I'm betraying everyone. They seem to expect something from me that I can't and don't seem to be giving them. God, I wish I could remember my past life. I would not feel like a stranger in my own skin.
"Harry!" Bella yells. I look up from my hands to find Bella standing in the water till her knees, the wind whipping her hair against her face. I remember this. The scenery and the person standing in front of me, in the dark; it all seems similar. I feel like I've done this before. I'm having deja vu. Mus leans down and touches the water with her fingertips.
"See! It's so much fun. Come and join me." Bella urges.
"I'm good!" I yell back, not seeing the pleasure of standing in water.
"Okay, grandpa!"
"I am not a grandpa." I defend myself, taking out my phone from my pocket.
"Yes, you are! It's okay, I understand grandpa." Bella giggles, and the sound is like music to my ears. I smile at the sound. What the heck is wrong with me? Suddenly, Bella stumbles and falls into the water.
"Bella!" I exclaim, getting up. I'm a few feet away from the water, when I stop. I can't go in. Suddenly, Bella giggles, slowing down my beating heart.
"I'm fine," Bella assures me. She turns around, her whole backside submerged in water. What is she doing? I think it's time that she comes out. Bella doesn't even stand up, she just stays afloat on the water.
"Bella, come out now. Looks like the tides getting rougher." I say, even though I don't know anything about tides. She shakes her head.
"No, I'm not coming out right now. Wait for a while," Bella insists.
"You're so stubborn." I cross my arms over my chest, and take a few steps back. Suddenly, another strong wave comes - at least I think it's a strong wave - because Bella gets moved a few inches back. It takes her by surprise and she moves her hands, trying to balance herself.
"Are you okay?" I ask, concerned.
"Yeah, yeah." Bella assures me. However, she moves back a few inches more.
"Bella, I seriously think that you should come back. Please," I beg her.
"I-" Bella's cut off as another wave comes, flipping her over and taking her away for quite a distance. Before Bella can recover from this wave, another comes and she goes underwater.
"Bella!" I yell, frantically. I search the sea for her. However, I can't see her head or any other body part. "Bella!" I move toward the water, however, I move back again. Suddenly, Bella's head comes out of the water and she shakes it.
"Harry, I can't get a grip. Help me," Bella says. Shit! I told her not to go in.
"I-I can't," I murmur. Bella gets swept backwards again and she goes into the water, yet again.
"Bella, flap your arms. Do...the swim." I tell her. For some reason, my feet are just not ready to move in the direction of the water.
"Ha-" Bella chokes out, as she comes out and goes in again. I need to go in. For her. What am I doing here, standing like an asshole? Like a statue, motionless? I tug at my hair, my heart rate and breath speeding up. Fuck it! Forgetting about all of my fears, I head into the water.