Art

There's no way to describe just how good I'm feeling; only I know how good I'm feeling by getting my eyesight back. It's great to be able to see my surroundings once again. I feel secure, and I feel like I've got my freedom back. I'm able to get up myself and go to the bathroom. Instead of having to wait for one of the boys to guide me till there, and then wait outside for me to finish my business. I smile at the thought. All of those memories seem comical now. I don't know why though.
"I heard that someone's eyesight is back." Liam says, entering the lounge. Harry looks up from his canvas and smiles at Liam. It's been a day since the accident occurred at the beach. Yet I don't seem to be fearful of the beach. Harry, on the other hand, has been telling me to steer clear from any large bodies of water. However, I'm not going to give into his paranoia.
"Yeah, and I feel great." I say, grinning like a clown.
"Congrats!" Liam says, taking a seat beside me. I decide to ask him the one question that has been roaming around my mind since yesterday.
"Where were you?" I ask him, curiously. He looks at me, and then diverts his gaze toward the rug.
"I...had to take care of some urgent business." Liam says, however, there's no conviction in his tone. I squint my eyes at him, raising my brow.
"I find that hard to believe. What kind of work?" I probe further.
"Random...office work." He's lying and it's so goddamn obvious.
"Really? Random girl work, you mean." Liam looks at me with wide eyes and shakes his head vigorously.
"No, of course not!"
"He's lying." Louis sings, entering the lounge. He has a mischievous smirk on his face, as he takes a seat on the couch that's lying opposite us.
"Oh, really Louis? Please enlighten us as to Liam's last night's activities." I say, enjoying myself immensely. All the color has drained from Liam's face, and he looks scared to death.
"Liam has found a girlfriend." I can't control the laugh that escapes my lips.
"Really? Liam who is she?" I ask him eagerly. Liam blushes and gets up, rushing out of the lounge.
"He's...shy regarding this matter. Long time no girl," Louis explains. His eyes travel from Harry to me, and then he raises his eyebrow at me, inquiringly. I shake my head. Louis understands immediately; there's nothing going on between Harry and I. We've made no progress, even though I really, really want to.
"Hey Harry, what're you doing there?" Louis says, raising his head to take a look at Harry's canvas. Immediately, Harry picks it up, and raises it away from our sight.
"Nothing that you should see." Harry murmurs, resuming his work on the canvas that is unknown to our eyes. This is the first time that I'm seeing Harry do something productive. My old Harry would laugh if I told him to paint something. Heck, I bet he wouldn't even be able to draw a stick man and girl. Of course, being the troublemaker that Louis is, he gets up and charges toward Harry. In the blink of an eye, Louis grabs the canvas and rushes toward the corner of the lounge. Before Harry can even register what Louis has done, Louis turns the canvas around for me to see just what Harry's drawn. It's a painting of me. On the canvas, I'm sitting in the same position as I am now, reading a book. Surprisingly, the picture is amazing. It's drawn neatly and he's got most of the shading right. As far as I can tell.
"Wow, Hazza, this is pretty good." Louis compliments Harry. Harry, however, does not feel pleased with the comment. Instead, he gets up and runs toward Louis. The minute Harry reaches Louis, he snatches the canvas from his hands, scowling.
"For once Louis stop messing with my work!" Harry yells, frustrated. Louis raises his hands up as if he's surrendering.
"Geez, Harry! I'm just playing around," Louis says. "Learn to take a joke." Harry keeps the godawful frown on his face.
"Joke around people who enjoy your crappy jokes." Harry heads back to his previous seat and gets back to work.
"Grumpy grandpa," Louis whispers to me. I bite my lip to suppress my laughter. He's right though. Harry's being a jerk for getting upset over such a small joke.
"Harry?" I say, getting up and walking toward him.
"Hmm?" Harry says, without looking up. His eyebrows are scrunched up and he's pouting. Gosh, he looks cute and sexy.
"Why me?" Harry looks up, confused. "Why are you drawing me?"
"I-I don't know. You just seemed like a easy picture to paint and draw." Harry shrugs his shoulders nonchalantly.
"Oh," I murmur. "That's cool."
"Yeah," Harry whispers. Wow, he's absorbed.
"So...since when are you into art?" I probe further.
"I don't know," Harry says. "I just felt this urge to paint when I saw the paintings lining our hallway. They're all fake, by the way." I smile at that. Harry's always been an observant person.
"Hey, are you free tonight?" I say, my brain lighting up with a light bulb.
"Well, I need to get some more art supplies. But other than that, I'm free. Why?"
"I want to show you something. Be ready by six." I get up and head toward the door.
"I hope we aren't going to the beach?!" Harry yells behind me. I shake my head, laughing.