Epilogue: Part One

Epilogue: Part One

ONE YEAR LATER...

Violet's POV

The bell ringing entered my ears as I stepped in. Gerard was behind me, a small grip on my waist.

"Reservations for two," Gerard told the man in a tuxedo, who had wrinkles on his face and gray hair combed back. "Ah yes, Gerard Rowe, right this way please." I was a bit taken back of his voice. It did not sound at ALL like that of a fifty year old. 

The man stopped before removing the 'RESERVED' sign from our table. Gerard got a seat for me. "Thank you," I told him politely with a smile.

I STILL can't figure out how he managed to pay for this restaurant. It was the one of the top restaurants here. "This is so sweet of you Gerard," I told him. "Anything for a sweet babe like you," he shot back.

-

Why was Gerard sweating so much? He had a nervous glance in his eyes. And he kept looking down, as if something were there. I decided to put down the fork I used to eat the best steak I ever had, and asked him. "Is there.....a problem Gerard?" I asked him nervously. Gerard managed to crack a smile. 

"When you're in front of me, everything's fine," he answered. 

But I knew Gerard. He was not telling the truth. He was lying. "Are you sure?" I told him as I squeezed his hand. "Well..."

"You could tell me" I assured him. I don't want Gerard keeping secrets from me. "I forgot to tell you the one thing I also wanna do when you're in front of me," Gerard said, a hint of determination in his eyes. "What is it?" I asked him. I desparately wanted to know what it was. Maybe he well...wanted to...you know...do that? Or something else? Will he say those cheesy pick-up lines? 

"I want to ask you a special question," Gerard said, squeezing my hand. "What question?" I asked him. I was at the point of despair right now. Only Jessica knows that I have a knack of wanting to know secrets. "This," Gerard said before he got up.

He then bent down on one knee right in front of me. And out of his hand he was holding...

A small velvet box.

At this point, tears of joy were out of my eyes. Everyone stopped to look at the man on the ground, who was about to say the special question loud and clear.

"Violet Louis," Gerard started. And after that, he said the four special words. The ones I've yearned to hear. The ones I wanted to hear since age seven. The words that made a puddle of water. The words that made me so happy, that I couldn't contain my happiness anymore.

"Will you marry me?"

"YES! YES! A BILLION TIMES YES!" I shouted as I jumped on him, kissing him. Everyone around us started clapping and whistling, glad that I accepted. 

After a bit more kissings and hugs and shouts, Gerard finally let go. He climbed on to the stage that was meant for playing music. "Hit it boys," he told the musicians.

And just like that, Gerard was singing Treasure by Bruno Mars, while I stared deep into his eyes, looking like a fool, and his eyes never removed from mine. 

And let me just say, Gerard can sing really well.

*****

Many Months Later...

Violet's POV

I stared long and hard in the mirror. Staring back at me was a girl who wore a large and puffy wedding gown, where starting was the waist was ruffled. And between each ruffle was a white flower. Staring back at me was a girl who's hair was in a perfect bun, and not too much makeup.