Chapter Ten: Elephant Poo And I Have Become Synonymous

After a rigorous sleeping session followed by many other strange dreams and waking up at odd hours I finally settled on getting up at noon. My hair looked like it had been attacked by a monkey and my muscles and especially my feet were sore. I felt like I’d been hit by bus. I stumbled to the adjoining bathroom from my room and saw Christina sitting up in bed from the also connected guest bedroom. She looked just like I did and she barreled over to me after I was done brushing my teeth.

“Am I the only one that had the craziest dreams last night?” she rubbed her head slowly.

“No, I did too. I think it’s the combination of all the crazy time changes and the stress that comes with, well the missions.” I didn’t mention anything about Dylan or about my talk with Amanda to her. I knew I would eventually have to tell her but I was going to hold it off as long as possible. After all I had promised her after the Barcelona mission, I didn’t want to tell her I’d failed.

“Either way, I feel like elephant poo.”

I laughed loudly in the bathroom and it echoed through the orange walls.

“Gosh, I love you.” I lurched toward her and gave her a big bear hug. We came striding down the stairs minutes later walking side by side. My mom had made some frozen pizza and the leftovers were sitting in the pan on top of the oven.

“Pizza! I am so hungry. I hardly ate anything in Paris!” I admitted.

My mom came upstairs and said “You don’t have to eat the pizza. In fact, don’t.” I looked up to her as if she’d just said I had to stop breathing.

“You girls need a break. Why don’t you go out today, not a mission. Relax, go shopping, eat at the mall, just have fun.”

I was a little bit shocked. The last time I heard my mom say fun was about the bruises we could get from fighting people. After considering it, a day off was exactly what I needed. When I glanced at Christina she was beaming and nodding quickly.

“Okay then.”

We raced upstairs and got ready and came down about six minutes later fully dressed in cute clothes with a hint of makeup. We walked out of the rooms at the same time and observed each other’s outfit.

“Cute!” I told her.

“You too! If I wasn’t so hungry I would have done your hair, though.” I giggled, she used to always asking do to my hair up for missions but I always said no.

“I’m sure it would have been adorable.” I bumped into her as we jogged downstairs.

“It so would have been.”

My mom was still standing in the kitchen when we came back.

“Are you gonna give us a ride?” I asked.

“Actually, I’ve got some things to do. Why don’t you just drive.” She tossed her keys to the Mercedes Benz to me they seemed to tingle in my hands.

“Seriously?”

She nodded and went down the long hallway towards her work/trophy room. Christina and I turned our heads and gave each other an awestruck look before sprinting towards the garage and to the stylish Mercedes. I came into the drivers seat and adjusted the mirrors, Christina came into the passenger set and started to squeal uncontrollably.

“This is going to be so amazing! I cannot believe your mom is letting you drive her car!”

“I know. I had to pinch myself to make sure this wasn’t a dream.”