Epilogue

Six Months Later....

I'm sitting in my room, waiting and watching out of my window at the driveway. Soon, I hope, the familiar Dodge Charger will come roaring down it again. I wait in apprehension, nervously looking around my room and checking my appearance in the mirror on my side wall. As if he doesn't already believe I'm beautiful.

As I turn my head for the billionth time to check, the faintest glint of black metal comes over a hill. Without even pausing, I'm running out of my room, down the stairs and jumping off the last two. My super coordinated feet almost stumble at the bottom, but I'm not stopped. I run to the door, careful slip on my tennis shoes and tie the shoelaces quickly. I yell over my shoulder, hoping my mom hears, “Mom! Dylan's here! I'm leaving!”

I pear out the front door, seeing his car parked out front. Without waiting for a response I tear out the front, running at full speed towards his waiting figure as he has just gotten out of the driver's seat. I have been waiting for this moment all week, and seeing his smile brighten as I come into view makes a small giggles escape my lips.

I have not bothered to slow down my running pace, my body slams into Dylan and I reach out desperately and wrap my arms around his neck for support of my body. He has lost his breath but still manages to wrap his arms around me, spinning me quickly as my legs are completely lifted off the ground.

“Dylan!” I screech too loudly, but he does not seem to mind.

“Someone is excited to see me.” He jokes lightly, still holding me up off the ground. He still smells the same, and I inhale it quickly. I will never get used to how intoxicating that smell is.

“I'm always excited to see you!” I say as he sets me down on the pavement, bringing our lips together quickly in an intimate kiss. When I realize where we are, I pull away and smirk. I missed him so much.

Dylan been away training with his family. We've been in constant contact over text messaging and have even managed to figure out FaceTime. But nothing compares to seeing him in person, feeling his soft lips on my mine and his strong arms wrap tightly around me. We've managed to 'accidentally' be in the same place at the same time for training missions, our parents weren't too happy about that surprise. I regret nothing. I still haven't been able to see him in nearly three weeks, I've been waiting for this moment again.

Dylan's hands are slowly massaging mine, I can feel the hardness of the thin silver band on my ring finger. I look down at it quickly, the clear gemstone reflects beautifully in the sunlight. It was Christmas present from Dylan, 'a ring to symbolize my promise,' had been his exact words. When I'd asked what his promise was, he only responded back to me sweetly, 'To love you forever.' When two people experience what we had, such a short amount of time can seem like forever. I feel like I've known Dylan for years, even though it has only been a year. I smile at my ring, it's simple silver band and clear gem almost never leave my hand. I wear it always.

“We should probably go somewhere more private before my family sees us... again.” I chuckle, it is not the first time we've been through awkward moments. When Dylan and my father met for the first time, I'm pretty sure he would've got out the shotgun if we had one that I hadn't locked up and hidden beforehand. And of course dad just had to bring up the fact that he literally owns a license to kill. It was mortifying to say the least. “Race you to Christina's?” I say, offering up a challenge I know Dylan can't resist.

“You're on!” he says quickly, taking off down my driveway speedily.

I follow behind, smirking. There is a reason why I put on my tennis shoes. I catch up to him easily, I'm still an incredibly fast runner. And now, we have a full on race.