01. Befriending the Red-Head

It was another day for me. I doodled on the back of my notebook,not daring to listen to math class or i'd have a huge headache. You see.. I have no friends. Ever since i entered this school,everyone always sees me as a delinquent and they cannot interact with me without having to stutter and tremble.

The truth is,i'm a clumsy-ass no life guy that cannot kill a cockroach without asking god for forgiveness.

In my old school,i often get the questions:

'Are you angry?'

'What's wrong,Atsuki?'

'You looked upset. Everything okay?'

BUT FOR GOODNESS SAKE,THAT'S JUST MY FACE! EVER HEARD OF RESTING BITCH FACE SYNDROME?!

Sorry for the capslock.

I tell you,even the teachers here are afraid of me. Am i really that scary? I was getting tired of scribbling random things on the back of my notebook so my eyes shifted around,observing my classmates. But then,a certain red-head caught my attention.

His name is Yutori,i heard a teacher call him before so i know. Yup,he's the same as me. No friends. Lonely. Alone. It seems like his classmates treats him as something 'invisible'. He was never heard of in a conversation before.

An idea sprang inside my mind. Didn't i say that Yutori and i are in the same boat? And then maybe.. I could befriend him! And then we could finally have friends! EACH OTHER!

I don't have any time to try and speak to him due to our classes having alot f activities. I guess i'd wait when our class is dismissed,i really hope that he wouldn't leave in such an early time though or i'd lose my chance.

After a few more hours,the time has come and classes has finally come to an end. I gathered all my belongings and awkwardly sat at my desk,watching my classmates leave the classroom in excitement of hanging out with their 'friends' or just going home. The whole room was silent when it was just me and Yutori.

I watched him tucked his textbooks inside his bag with no expression at all. I can't really tell whether he is happy or sad or plainly just wanted to go home cause he's 100% done with everything,like me.

I jumped slightly in shock when his eyes met mine and i immediately looked away. Oops,awkward. "Uh.. I don't mean to be offensive or anything but.. why are you still not leaving?" I heard him ask,with kindness in his tone. I started tapping my feet because i was so nervous.

"Well.. I wanted to talk to you.." Yutori looked like he just got the biggest shock of his life. His eyebrows raised and his eyes widening in disbelief. "T-Talk to me..?" He managed to spurt out. "W-Why would you?"

"Well.. You see.. I wanted to.. be your friend."

Frickle fracking Atsuki. You sounded like a kid trying to make a friend in kindergarten. Now what? He'd laugh at you. Or tell you that you're being silly. Tell you that you must be kidding or instantly reject you? You're ruining your reputation!

I looked at him nervously. Instead of either seeing him scowling or eyeing me again in disbelief,he gave me the sweetest smile. Woah.. I've never seen Yutori smile before! I was glad i made him smile. "I'd like to. But do you even know my name?"

"Yeah. Yutori." I answered proudly (not nervous anymore),and Yutori blushed lightly. "I'm glad.. I mean.. Everyone here thinks i'm really weird and.. I was invisible to them." I gave his shoulder a pat. "Well.. I got you now,anyway. Wanna hang out?"

Yutori's eyes sparkled.

"Sure!"