02. The Friends Club

I decided to go to my favorite dessert chain with Yutori. Ever since i was young,i've always went here. I ordered a large vanilla sundae with chocolate sauce and sprinkles and Yutori ordered a strawberry smoothie. We sat on one of the tables and started chatting about our school life.

I made the right decision. I feel so happy. If our classmates can see how Yutori really acts,they'd probably already signed up to be his friend. But he's mine now. So nope.

"Nee,Atsuki. Have you already decided on which club you should join?" Yutori asked before sipping into his smoothie. I thought about it for a moment. "I wanted to join the Light Music Club but.. when i tried signing in they immediately ran away." I laughed it off and awkwardly scratched the back of my neck. He chuckled.

"Same. I don't think i could join any club anyway. I don't know which and the way our classmates treats me isn't helping me think either." He said,his hand rubbing his chin. We were silent for a moment.. An idea strucked my mind.

Clubs have people,all the people on it have friends... I gave a small gasp.

"YUTORI!" I shouted so hard that Yutori almost jumped out of his seat. Even the people around us was shocked by my sudden outburst.

"You scared me!" He said,clutching his chest. I grabbed his shoulders and looked him straight in the eye with a huge smile on my face. "I want to make a small club dedicated to people who have no friends! In that way,we can all meet and do friend activities and we can all be FRIENDS!"

Yutori smiled. "That's a great idea,Atsuki!" but his smile faded into a sad frown. "But.. we need a clubroom." I sighed in defeat. All the empty classrooms are now occupied by other relevant clubs. There's no way i wanted the auditorium. And its already occupied by the Drama Club anyway.

Yutori looked like he was in deep thought until he slammed his hand on the table and i've never seen him look so happy. "Atsuki! Lets go back to school!" I raised a brow. "Huh? School?!Why are we going back there?!"

"I know a place that we can use for a clubroom!" He immediately grabbed my hand and started running back to school. I was confused yet excited cause Yutori looked so happy. As if he finally saw the gold at the end of the rainbow.

When we arrived,Yutori went inside the campus but we didn't go inside,we went right and i saw a small looking cottage and Yutori stopped on his tracks and he let go of my hand in the process. I was panting with my hands on my knees. Damn,he runs too fast. Yutori should've joined the tracking team.

"This is our clubroom,Atsuki! Lets go inside!" He ran away immediately towards the cottage. Inside it was sofas,a table,a flat-screen TV and a gaming console.

"Where did all of these came from?" I asked him with delight in my eyes. "Well. Do you know the church near our school? This used to be their meeting room but they moved away and the church closed. This was my hideout and i come here every time our schoolday ends. Of course,alone. It was my first time bringing a friend here." He explained,crossing his arms proudly as i looked around. Everything looked so clean and tidied up.

"Do you own anything here?" I ask,looking at him. "Yup." He nodded. He pointed at the gaming console. "That's the only thing here that i own. I dropped that here one morning before i went to school. The others were owned by the church. Either they forgot to pick their things up here,or they left it in purpose."

I flopped myself down the sofa and Yutori sat beside me. "We needed to make posters first. Oh wait. I'd make them all by myself. I have a great idea. You go and busy yourself there. You're free to play games,i have alot of CDs." He said and immediately ran to the table and opened his bag and started pulling bondpapers off.

"Eh? Are you sure? That's alot of hardwork. I mean,the design and lettering and stuff." I still feel uncomfortable about leaving him to do the job when its all my idea but he only gave me a proud smirk. "No worries! I won't design it. Our poster would be something different and unique."

"Okay then.." I said and walked towards his gaming console and started playing anyway,minimizing the volume so i wouldn't disturb Yutori and his poster-making. After a few minutes,i heard his chair shifted and i heard him sigh in happiness.

"It was alot of work but fun to do! Come Atsuki! Try it!" I paused the game and stood up,confused. What the hell does our poster look like?

The poster was plain but i noticed something odd. Its written in japanese letters but i can't understand anything! They're all jumbled up! "I don't get it." I scratched my head in agony. Yutori only chuckled. "Just keep on looking at it. I know you have the willpower to see the message."

It took me a few more minutes of scratching my head,quirking my eyebrows and complaining that i have no idea what the hell its supposed to mean before i got the message while i was tilting my head in irritation.

"The letters were written diagonally."

I mumbled in disbelief and he joyfully clapped. "See? I knew you had it in you!" I raised a brow at him. "Why did you wrote it in that way?" He crossed his arms and proudly sighed. "Only people who really have the heart and brain to have friends will get the message of this poster."

I chuckled. Lets just see if we'd really get members. "Welcome to the Logic Club. Here's President Yutori for you." I said and we both laughed as we stood up and grabbed our bags. We posted them around campus before going home.