05. The Prince of the Science Lab

It was breaktime today. From now on,i decided to bring Chizuru with us which made Yutori annoyed but still agreed to anyway. His fangirls were giving us confused looks and i heard a few whisper, "Why is my Chizuru-chan hanging out with those weirdos?"

Pft. If they only saw the game Chizuru played yesterday and how he acts while playing it,they'd know who's the real weird one here. "Don't mind them." Chizuru smiled at us reassuringly. I smiled back but Yutori seemed to be busy with his fries to even care about what they're saying.

"I can't wait for our new activity later! Please tell me that we won't play another dating sim again." Chizuru pouted. "Really? You were the one who owned that dating sim CD and you're blaming Atsuki?" Yutori piped in at us. "Shut up." He glared at him. Yutori only poked his tounge mockingly.

"Do you guys ever see the brown-haired guy in the science lab? I don't know. I figured out that maybe it'd be great it he could join us." Chizuru said,my eyes gave a spark of interest. A brown-haired lad in the science lab? Ha! That rhymes!

"H-Huh? He stays at the laboratory all school year?" I asked him and Chizuru nodded casually. Never thought that was possible. "His name is Taku. I tell you,when it was his first year here,he was so,so SMART. Like incredibly smart. He's only a first-year back then but he can solve a long,long math problem in only a second against a third year. So dad decided that he's no better for a classroom and brought him to the science laboratory so he can have his own classes and expirements. I was his classmate and he was the best at expirementing too. I just never got the courage to talk to him."

Hmm. I remembered that the science lab are only two rooms away from our classroom. How come i never saw Taku? Might as well take a look later.

I realized that my coke bottle was already empty. I guess i'm really thirsty than hungry? I stood up. "I'd just buy something in the cafeteria. Don't make childish wars while i'm out." I told them but when i dug my hands on my pockets,i realized that i forgot my wallet at the classroom.

If you're wondering how the hell i got food when i forgot my wallet,i brought my own lunch. I hurried to the second floor towards our classroom and saw something.. The science lab.. There's smoke inside! Taku!

I looked around and realized that the halls were empty so no one noticed. I pulled my handkerchief out and tied it around the bridge of my nose to my mouth and slammed the door open. The science lab was covered and thick smoke and i saw a masculine figure laying on the floor and saw Taku sleeping on the ground,he looks unharmed. Probably got unconscious because of the smoke.

I immediately picked him up and i was glad he wasn't that heavy. I dropped him towards the school clinic and luckily it wasn't that far. "Eh? What happened to Taku?" The school nurse asked. Oh,she knows him. Probably because his well-known for being intelligent.

"There was smoke from the science lab. He probably did some sort of expirement that failed and knocked him out." I explained and untied the handkerchief off of my face and let out a huge sigh. Finally! Fresh air!

"Atsuki!" I heard Yutori behind me and i looked at the doorstep of the clinic and saw him with Chizuru,who was holding my lunchbox. They both have worried faces on. "I knew you'd be in here! When we opened the science lab,there was alot of smoke and no one was around!" They slowly walked towards the bed that Taku was staying in.

"He's exhausted. The chemical was too strong and it knocked him out. The smell was still lingering in his clothes. And you too." She said and also pointed at me. I smelled my collar and coughed. It smelled like some sort of insecticide mixed with alcohol. Just smelling it makes me nauseous. No wonder why Taku passed out.

Wait,what the hell is Taku trying to make in the first place?!

"You guys go ahead and leave now,breaktime is almost over. I'd take care of him and he'd get better by dismissal." She smiled at us reassuringly and we all gave small smiles back. We smiled back and prepared to leave but we heard her call again, "You with the gray-hair! What's your name?" She asked with a grin.

"Oh,i'm Atsuki." I replied. "I'd tell him about you." She gave a sweet smile. I felt fluttered. "Thanks." And we left. I hope that he'd join The Friends Club.