Chapter 3

• Dedicated to Parth Chaturvedi

I was seething with anger… the only question that I got an answer to, raised even more questions! Giving up with a sigh of exasperation, I went and grabbed a rucksack and stuffed some clothes and the rosewood box inside and returned in ten minutes time.  

As we were leaving Jane gave me some last minute advice of not to pick too many fights and that I was welcome to come visit her whenever she wanted to.

I got into the front and he took the wheel. I waved goodbye to Jane and we drove out of the city.

As we were driving, I turned to him, "I still don't know your name, you know!"  

"Sorry," he grinned and gave me a smile looking remotely unabashed. "I'm Axel.”

Then I continued to bombard him with questions. "What was the thing that attacked me in school, and what did you do with it, and where exactly is this university, and....." 

"Whoa…slow down, there. I can't keep up." he interrupted me, smiling. "Well lets see....umm...the thing that attacked you was an Immortal. I couldn't kill it, duh! I just reduced it to dust. She will be back, but not any day soon." he said, flashing a toothy grin.

"Hmmm... How far is this place you are taking me to?" I asked.

"It will take us an hour at least." he answered.

I made a face at him and turned to look out the window. The greenery whipped past before I could get a better look at it. I was pretty tired because of all the running I had done before, so I shut my eyes and before I knew it, I had dozed off. 

Minutes passed, as what it seemed to me, though must have actually been an hour, when Axel's gentle voice woke me up.

"We're here. Rise and shine, sleepy head."  

I blinked and turned my stiff neck, before rubbing my eyes and looking up.

What I saw blew my mind away.

An old, humongous mansion loomed in front of us. It had a huge garden, and although it was dark, I swear I could have seen the silhouette of a huge expanse of trees. Beside the road, a river flowed swiftly. It looked like paradise. Axel parked the car and helped me take my stuff inside.

We walked into the reception where we were greeted by a young woman. She smiled at Axel and said, "Axel, you're back. So this young girl must be Samantha."

I nodded as she handed me a pair of keys and told me my room number. 

Axel let out a low whistle when he heard my room number.

"What's wrong?" I questioned, curious.

"Two things: first, that room is on my floor and second, just so you know, that's the room of the most stubborn and cocky bastard in this place," he said.

Great. Just freakin’ great.

This was gonna be an eventful school year alright.

 -*-

A/N: Edited by RemainingNeutral. Vote and Comment :P