Chapter 3

next day, got little sleep since grandpa was in the hospital. another school day, another duel for Joey. Tea was also building a deck and she's dueling Joey today. i'm starting to build my deck as well, but i need more cards, which i'll get today. Joey always loses, since he doesn't know that well about how to play. outside during lunch Joey, Yugi and i talked about why Joey can't win. 

"what am i doing wrong?" Joey asked.

"well, let's start by looking at your deck. let me see it." i said, holding out my hand. he handed me his deck and all i saw was monster cards, no magic or traps.

"did you fill this just with monsters?"

"you bet i did! every but kicking monster that i could find."

"Joey, no one can win on just monsters, you need magic cards and trap. this game is just about strategy. magic makes your monsters stronger or weakens your opponents, and traps can help in a tight stop."

"how do you know so much, Selena?" Yugi asked me.

"you think I've been here for three days and not listen every word you and your grandpa say?" i replied.

he smiled, and blushed a little. scratching the back of his neck. 

"see? that's what i have to be learning! you need to help me some more" Joey said, coming near us. he then had a big smile on his face and nudged Yugi a little with his elbow. he's been acting a little weird around me lately.

Yugi's POV

since it was the end of the day now, Joey, Selena and i are headed to the shop. Grandpa has been teaching Selena and helping her with her deck. and i want Grandpa to give her a very special card. i have to admit something, i really like Selena, a lot. she's beautiful, fun to be with, we share a connection with the millennium items we have, and I've heard her sing, voice like an angel. bad thing was telling Joey and Grandpa, now it's been torture. being near her and having Joey nudging me, i hate him making it so obvious.  

it's been a few weeks now since my duel with Kaiba and since i met Selena. she's still living with me and Grandpa, so her skills in dueling have been improving. Grandpa put on some tournament footage with We-evil Underwood and Rex Raptor. training Joey has been hard work for him, hardly ever a break. since Grandpa didn't want o help me with my present for Selena, i have to give it to her myself. 

"Selena?" i called out. she's in her room now since she ran out of the shower. the door was open a crack, so i peeked  a little. her hair was up in a towel, but he wasn't dressed, she was in her underwear. i tried to look away, but i couldn't. i was doing fine, until i tripped and landed on my face. i heard a gasp and heard a sweet voice.

"Yugi? are you okay?" 

i looked up to see Selena, but she put on a robe, holding out her hand for me to take. i felt so embarrassed, i'm sure my face was a tomato by now.  getting up, i looked down a little ashamed.

"yeah i'm fine. i'm really sorry about that. i just have something for you."

"really?" 

"yeah! hold out your hand."

i placed a card in her hand, but a very powerful and rare one. it was almost as powerful as a blue eyes white dragon.

"it's a a gold eyes silver dragon. it has power that is almost equal to the blue eyes white dragon. since your building your deck, i wanted you to have this one."

she smiled and hugged me, so naturally i hugged back. she smelled so nice, i didn't want to let her go. 

"thank you Yugi, you're so sweet! i'll treasure this card! oh and i'll be out with you guys in a minute, i gotta change."