Chapter 14

i sighed in relief when i found the cards from my package in my pocket. Crochet brought me my things that i thought i lost when i was in the woods with Seto. thank God, now i can take a shower and change clothes, at least i'll have my pjs too. Joey didn't have either card on him so Yugi and i gave him one of ours. i just hope he doesn't loose them. play-offs for tomorrow, me vs. Mai, second duel for tomorrow. since there were two girls, Pegasus wanted to see who was the best. since Mai forfeited the last duel, i want a rematch anyway. the winner will face who wins in the duel between Bandit keith and Joey who are the first ones to duel tomorrow.. Yugi duels in a three way duel with both winners.  which i didn't even think was possible. after dinner, everyone headed to their rooms, mine was next to Yugi's and on the other side of me, so i'm sandwiched in. great, and Joey talks and snores in his sleep, i was in for one hell of a night. heading into the room, everyone said their goodnights, and Yugi said he needed to talk to me after i showered and changed. in the shower i took a little while, because i was fighting with myself, well, with the spirit of the millennium band. i wanted an explanation for what she suggested earlier. 

"look at me, i'm arguing with a spirit and i don't even know her name." i said to myself.

i'm known by many things, captain, warrior, but i know my name should be Iris. she said to me.

"well, Iris, i want to know why you wanted to risk my life and Seto's. you and the spirit of the spirit of the millennium puzzle caused trouble over this."

i know, i beg your forgiveness, but i could sense Kaiba's thoughts, he was never going to risk your life, he was bluffing with Yugi to see how far he would go. if Yugi would have succeeded in his attack, Seto would have pushed you away from the ledge and he would have fallen by himself.  

"really?"

yes, you may not understand everything that is going on, but in time, you will, my child.

with that, she left me, alone to finish and to head to Yugi's room. since my wounds were slowly healing, i finally managed to get some new bandages. i wore my pjs, a blue spaghetti with gray sweats and my wet hair in a braid. Yugi didn't have anything with him, so he just took off his school jacket. we both just sat on the bed, well, Yugi sat up with his legs crossed and i laid next to him on my side facing him. 

"what did you need to see me about?" i asked.

"i don't know if i can go through with the tournament." he softly said, looking down at his hands.

"why?"

"i don't know if i can trust the spirit of the millennium puzzle anymore. i almost hurt you today and Kaiba. i don't want to risk hurting anyone else. no matter if my grandpa is prisoner or not."

"Yugi, i know it must be scary for you, hell, it was scary for me too. but i forgave the spirit that is in the millennium band. you two just need to come to some agreement, like we did. Iris would only let me make the decisions and i would ask for her wisdom on anything.that's her name, by the way."

he nodded in understanding, finally looking me in the eye. i took his hand in mine and squeezed into let him know i forgive him and the millennium puzzle spirit.

"that's my donut, Selena, get your own!" both me and Yugi jumped a little hearing Joey sleep talk, then we just laughed.we just stayed up a little and talked as he helped me strategies for tomorrow.  after a while, i was so exhausted from not sleeping for three days straight, i just crashed on Yugi's bed. 

i don't know how long i slept, but i was awoke by a familiar but faint voice calling out to me.

" Selena."

i heard Seto's voice,i snapped my eyes open to see a dark room. Yugi asleep right next to me,  i smiled since he looked so cute when he was asleep. i was covered with a blanket, i guess Yugi grabbed one and put it on be before getting some shut eye himself, he's so sweet. i looked around the room before heading back to sleep, thinking it was just a dream. after i don't know how long, i heard it again, only this time it was louder, like Seto was right next to me, and i heard another voice, but it was calling for Yugi, his grandfather's. Yugi's eyes snapped open and looked at me.

"so i'm not going insane? you heard that too?" he asked me.

"if you are, then i'm crazy too. the first time i thought i was dreaming."

"help!"

both voices yelled at us at the same time, making us jump out of the bed.

"grandpa, is that you?"

"Seto, where are you?"

"follow our voices!"

both of us ran into the hallway, hearing the voices call out to us. we ran for about 5 minutes, listening to their voices guide us. then we came to the courtyard, seeing the soul cards for all of them, placed upon what looked like giant tombstones. 

"both of you must beware of Pegasus. or he will destroy the entire world." Grandpa's voice yelled.

"how?" i asked.

"every soul he traps in the shadow realm makes him stronger. you must defeat him together. the millenium puzzle and band are made from each others powers. one can't survive without the other. that's why he wants both of your souls. learn to control the powers of the millennium items. you must save us."

"help me, Selena. i'm sorry for what i did." Seto yelled.

"save me, guys." Mokuba's voice added.

then came flames, but not ordinary fire, blue flames that started to consume the stones.the flames raged out of control, hearing the cries for help from all three. then suddenly, we woke up at the same time in the room. in a cold sweat, we looked at each other, knowing that both of us saw what we saw. 

"was it just a dream?"

"i don't know, Yugi. but i'm headed back to sleep, goodnight."

"hey, let go of that, that's my pizza!!" Joey yelled again, causing us both to giggle. 

"Sel, wake up."

Yugi shook me a little causing me to wake up. i was still a little tired, but not as much as before. i had more energy now and i was gonna need it for my duel with Mai. Yugi sat o his bed, looking out the window, i could rell he was in deep thought. 

"thinking about that dream,huh?"i asked.

"that wasn't any dream, it actually happened. they tried to contact us." Yugi grimly told me. 

i nodded, since i thought the same, getting up and sitting next to him, my feet dangling over the bed. the sun was barely coming up, but the duel started early. looking at his face, i saw bags under his eyes. i guess the dream haunted him so much he couldn't go back to sleep. 

"couldn't sleep?" i asked.

"no, i'm worried about today. what if something goes wrong?"

"nothing will go wrong, we have each other and we have everyone else with us. we'll both do fine. but man do i have a massive headache. i'm going back to my room and getting changed. i'll be back."

leaving the room, i could hear that everyone else was up. Bakura was outside in the hallway, leaning against Tristan's door. we both greeted each other and i went inside my room. i out on my usual clothes and yes i have more than one copy of them but i wore a black skirt with blue flames along the sides, felt a little better to have my heels on again. to tell you the truth i'm short. without them, i'm one inch taller than normal Yugi, that should tell you something. i packed my bag, knowing that i wouldn't go back to the room, and took it with me. putting on the millennium band and fixing my hair in a pony tail, i was off. going back into Yugi's room, everyone was up and there with me. we all left together and i teased Joey about his sleeping quotes, making him glare at me. since Joey was first we had to cheer for him on the balcony.

Joey won, amazingly. Joey has the makings of a great duelist, since he took out Bandit Keith by a miracle and the little bastard cheated. Keith was disqualified, making Pegasus throw him out of the castle. now it's my turn, me vs. Mai again. wish me luck

end of chapter 14