Chapter 20

as the pods closed, it felt s weird having that thing cover my eyes and slowly drift into another world. i woke up in a wooded area with a wristband holding my deck and a reader that said i had 2000 life points. Yugi and the others had the same thing on their arms. 

"it's a good thing i have my deck with me but this life point count makes me nervous. i mean i know what happens in a video game when you loose a life, but i wonder what happens here." Yugi said.

"yeah, me too. at least it's not like call of duty." i replied.

soon we came to a scary looking graveyard, fog coming over the tombstones. as we walked through i had a strange feeling we were being watched.

"hard to believe this is virtual and not real." i said.

"yeah, well, it looks plenty real to me." Joey said, shaking behind me.

Joey and i both stopped when we heard something cracking. it's like the zombie movies when the corpse comes out of the grave. slowly we turned, and we came face to face with zombie monsters.

"zombie alert!! help!" Joey cried.

we both jumped back, but then realized something, these are nothing but duel monsters. so they are to be treated as such.

"so if i just draw a card, then. . . . i really don't know what." Joey said, as all three of us behind him face-palmed.

"let me show you how it's done," Mokuba said, drawing a card," i summon the Reucashin!"

out popped a monster, since i got the point, figure i should summon something.

"i summon Lady Knight!"

"and i summon the Dark Magician!"

when all our monsters appeared, what comes naturally? all of us yelling. . . 

"attack!"

all our monsters killed the others, but then they reappeared again. then i remembered you can't kill zombie monsters so easily. but Joey didn't remember.

"i summon Flame Swordsman! attack with sword strike!"

"Joey, call off his attack!" Yugi and i yelled, but too late. he attacked and so did the zombie, bye Flame Swordsman.

"with every attack, these things get stronger." i said.

"true, but they still have one big weakness, their defense is zero." Yugi said.

"oh, now i remember," Joey said," i activate shield and sword! that switches their attack and defense and they are open for attack. i believe you guys should do the honors."

"dark magic attack!"

"sword slice attack!"

all the zombies gone. as we cheered out popped a card with a picture of some coins. each of us got what looked like 5 coins, well that seems cheap even for Seto. while we were about to walk on, i heard a little giggle behind me. out from one of the tombstones came a little fairy, it was so cute, but a little shy.

"hey i bet it's one of those fairies they put in the game to help the players out." Joey said. with that, the fairy flew off so naturally we followed it. little guy was fast, so we had to run. it lead us to a cliff, the disappeared in the woods somewhere. overlooking the cliff, we saw a small village. since it was a cliff, we had to go around. wandering around the town, no sign of Seto anywhere, but we did see a shop with a lot of powerful cards. we searched and asked everyone in that town, no one knew where Kaiba was. but on the bright side i got a big kick out of seeing Joey get bit by a virtual dog. along with that i knocked out one dude that was getting a little handsy.