Chapter 5

eventful day this has been, and a fun one as well. first duel, Yugi vs. We-Evil, and Yugi won of course. that boy can sure talk and talk, he didn't need the bugs he could just talk the monsters to death. and thanks to that duel we now know about the field advantage for the different monsters, at least we were able to use that through the day. Joey had his first match also against Mai, thought she could pull a fast one over us, but Joey was able to see past her tricks and win the match. and i had the pleasure of dueling Mako, a freaky fish dude. he was pissed when i called him that though. i won, giving me a total of 4, Joey 2 and Yugi 5. after my duel with Mako, we walked around for a little, then heard a cry for help. one of Pegasus's men have a boy, clutched tight in his arms. all of us ran to his aide.

"hey, let him go!" Tristan shouted at the guard.

"this is none of your business, this kids lost all his chips and those who have lost there chips have to be kicked off the island" 

"but i didn't loose my chips, they were stolen from me and my cards were too." the kid yelled out.

 "i don't care what excuse you have, you need star chips to duel and you have none, so you have to leave."

with that, the big guy left with him, but we still followed. at the docks, there was a boat with other kids in it, along with We-Evil. Yugi and i ran straight to the boat to talk to him.

"what did the guy that stole your chips look like?" i asked.

"well, i couldn't see his face, he had a bandanna covering most of his face. but he was small, he challenged me in the meadow."

"challenged you to a duel?" Yugi asked.

 "yeah, and as soon as i put my chips and deck down, he snatched them and ran off."

"don't worry, we'll get your chips back." i said.

"this boat leaves in 30 minutes, anyone without a star chip has to leave" said one of the other guards.

"we'll get his chips to him by then. don't worry, you have the mind of Joey Wheeler on the case and i always get my man." Joey said a little too confidently, which made the rest of us groan in annoyance.

after walking for about 5 minutes, out came a kid from the bushes, ramming right into my bad arm.

"found you at last Yugi!" he said.

i groaned in pain, man that burn was no joke, i winced as i rubbed my bandaged arm. then i got a good look at him, something was very familiar about this kid but i couldn't put my finger on it. his face was coverd with a blue bandanna and he wore a purple beanie. 

"hey that's the runt we're looking for!" Joey yelled out.

"how about handing over the chips an cards?" Tristan shouted.

"hold it, fellows, i think i know what he's after. he wants to duel." i said.

"that's right! i i choose to duel you!" he said while pointing at me.

i accepted, cuz what else could i do? for some reason during this duel, my millennium band didn't take over me.

what are you doing? i asked the spirit of my millennium band.

don't worry, you won't need me for this duel. she said

i laid down all my chips, while he waged the same. something was nagging at me that i know this kid from somewhere, but where? then came a vision, like i could see a flashback from a few weeks ago. i was standing in and office, looking at a figure that was at the desk. then my eyes began to focus, the figure in that desk was Kaiba. he didn't seem like himself, he seemed frustrated and unknowing of himself. flipping through all his cards, like if he was looking for a flaw.