Chapter 9

alright, let's back up a little. after our shadow match with Bakura, we ran into some scary looking ass, wanting trouble. Yugi stepped in since he said i had done enough for one day. this dude apparently wasn't afraid of the dark, since he spent most of his duel with Yugi in the dark. Yugi won, leaving that guy to give Mai her chips back. after getting back to camp, we decided to finally get some sleep. i layed next to Yugi, who was sitting with Bakura, just talking, since i was so tired, it didn't matter. as i was drifting off the sleep, something came up that was interesting.

"Bakura, am i seeing things or is your Millennium Ring glowing?" Yugi asked. 

"if not, i guess we're both seeing things." Bakura answered. 

since this was getting really interesting, i turned over to face them, seeing one of the spikes from his Millennium Ring glowing and pointing in the direction of the castle. 

"why is it doing that?" i asked Bakura, knowing i wasn't gonna get any sleep.

"i don't know but it did the same thing when i met Yugi and you."

" maybe it's pointing towards the Millennium eye. it took my grandpa's soul." Yugi said with so much pain in his voice.

" can we just get some sleep, guys? i'm worn out." i complained.

they both laughed at me and laid down next to me. finally sleep!!

drifting back off to sleep, when in came a blinding light, waking me up. and the sound of a helicopter.

"hey some of us are trying to get some shuteye, you insensitive jerk!!" Joey yelled in frustration and i don't blame him. 

the plane landed near us, the engine dying down. i got up feeling so groggy, i some much wanted to tear the dude in pieces. but then out came that familiar face, those icy blue eyes. . . . . . Kaiba. Yugi and i ran to him, wanting to talk to him.

"i haven't seen you two since the duel." Seto said.

that reminded me of something.

"oh, that reminds me, your deck. here. and thank you for helping me. " i said, handing him his cards.

it was weird, Seto actually smiled at me! but then it fell as quickly as it came. he said thanks and then just started to walk off. really?! i'm falling for that?!

"you know, Kaiba since we're all headed to Pegasus's Castle, you can join us. you'll need some star chips though." Yugi said.

"don't be so naive. this isn't just some game for me, Yugi. i'm going after Pegasus to save my brother, not so i can win some silly prize. have fun with your tournament." 

the way he said that it was so cold and cruel. i mentally slapped myself for have feelings for this jerk. he walked away with another word. Joey got mad and ran after him, grabbing him by his shirt collar.

"listen here, tough guy! i can understand you wanting to get your little brother back and all, but don't go thinking your the only one with a noble cause, get it? we all have something worth fighting for, so if you want a piece of Pegasus, get in line, hot shot. that's right i ain't scared of you!" 

Seto grabbed one of Joey's hands and pulled it off of him.

"nice grip, Wheeler, let me show you mine."

with one swift move, he flipped Joey over and made him land on the ground. i ran to Joey, hearing him groan a little in pain.

"Joey, are you okay?!" i shouted out.

"i'm fine, Sel." Joey said. 

"do you really think i'm gonna let this little tournament delay me for getting to Pegasus?" Seto said coolly.