CHAPTER 18

Tujhe pake khona kismat hai meri
Tujhse mohabbat Karna zid hai meri
Chahe dur bhi ho jayou tujhse
Tere Ishq main marna hak hai meri
-----------

It is now clear to Nandini that whether Manik lives or dies, she won’t be with him for long.

writer's pov

If you are in the same situation, what would you do? Make the best out of what you have right? Same is with Nandini.  Its hard for her to forget Manik and to live without him but his life is more life to her.....

Manik came to home. Nandini looks at  his face and ask "Manik doctor ne kya kaha??"
"There r chances that I will be alive, tum chinta mat karo Nandu" said Manik...
"hmm... tumhe thik hona hi hoga" said Nandini..
After few minutes Nandini takes the initiative and asks Manik out on a date, “ Manik for one day, let’s forget about the tumor, forget about the worls. We’ll have fun. We’ll relax before your big day.”
Manik smiled and said "Ohoo madam k mood romantic h aaj toh"..
Nandini hides the pain under her smile and says "chaloge naa Manik"..
"Offcourse jaan chalunga, btao kab chalna h" said Manik
"kal poore dinn hum masti krenge, phir next day tumhara operation hoga I don't want ki hum donno future main kya hoga yee sochkar apne present ko kharab kare" said Nandini...
"okk jaan kal k dinn jaisa tum kahogi vaisa karenge thik h" said Manik smilingly....

When the sun shines the next day, Manik and Nandini are off to make memories may be the last memory together.

There is no dining at a fancy restaurant just like what is named as date, no snuggling in the movies, they simply walk the bridge and swing the swings. But to Nandini, this is the best date she’s ever had (not that she’s been on a lot of dates to compare it to) because being with each other is worth more than diamond rings and empty promises.

They walk into a photo studio upon Manik’s request. The photographer tells them the story of his wife, whom he lost to an accident some 40 years ago. The old man laments how memories fade, only snapshots capture the moment. The comment provokes a reaction in Nandini, will she forget about them? Will Manik forget her? does Manik will hate her?? How will she live without Manik?? and a no. of questions whom she can not answer......

At the end of the photo shoot, the photographer sells Nandini a lucky bracelet with SD card storage capability. She gives it to Manik as a good luck charm for the next day’s operation (and something to remember her by). The main motive was that Manik will remember her by this lucky charm...

Their last stop is happiness to the church. They pray and watch the wedding procession of a pair of strangers together. As the priest asks the groom whether he would take the woman next to him to be his wife, Manik turns to Nandini and answers, “I do.”
Off Nandini’s stunned look, she became surprised, he again repeats, “I do”.
But Nandini lets go of Manik’s hand and runs out. When he follows her out, she has recollected herself and lies that his sudden confession startled her. Manik suspects nothing and thought she will be shocked  by this confession...

The date is over at the end of the day. The rest is saying goodbye and going into the Operation Room.As promised, once Manik is carted in, Nandini is pushed out. She boards a bus home and packs her belongings.