Chapter 29

Chapter- 29

Dhruv was immediately on the defensive and he said that since Fang Ge was killed by him, there's no reason why he should explain himself or to say that he's not the killer.

Manik said that Dhruv must really have wanted to kill Fang Ge because there wasn't just an injury on the neck but also a tear behind the ear. Dhruv recalled the things that Khushi went through and muttered that Fang Ge deserved it. Manik smiled, and when Dhruv got up to leave, Manik banged on the glass to ask him to sit down again.

He told Dhruv that he promised Manan that he would save his friend, Dhruv and he also didn't want to see Sarla collapse because of him. Dhruv asked what happened to his mother, and Manik replied that his mother collapsed after hearing that the case was against Dhruv, but Nandani's taking care of her.

Dhruv said "Thank goodness there's Nandani." Manik heard that and his face changed.

Dhruv saw and quickly said, "Please don't misunderstand, I only purely wanted to thank her."

"You don't need to explain, I know just how important you are to her." Then Manik spoke his heartfelt words, "I would rather lose everything, than to lose someone's true heart. So you do plan to throw Sarla's worry, Nandani's true heart and Manan's concern into the bin?"

Dhruv asked him if he's so willing to help him " simply because my mother asked you? Or is it because of Nandani?"

"I've said before... it's for Manan. Anyway, I have confidence that I can help you get out earlier, so that you can reunite with those who care about you" said Manik.. Dhruv finally agreed to let Manik defend him.

Later, Manik revealed to his assistant that Dhruv's lying because there wasn't even a tear behind Fang Ge's ears and that from his reactions, it was obvious that he didn't want Manik to find Khushi. Manik suspected that the key to this whole thing was Khushi and asked his assistant to prepare a list of questions.

The prosecutor for this case was Mr. Dixit, someone obviously very capable of sending bad guys to jail. He was discussing with his assistant that Manik would definitely head for a self-defence thing, so that the sentence would be lighter, but based on the evidence given, he's positive that it was murder instead.

Nyonika went to Nandani's house and was going to deposit something in her mailbox when Manan came home and ran up to her. She felt 'caught' and was going to run away but was trapped in a situation when Manan asked her why she wanted to run.

Nandani smiled and told Manan that Nyonika was hoping for Manan to show her their big yard, and Manan joyfully brought Nyonika into the house. She actually brought photos of the outing that she and Manan went for [ the natural environment thing] and she kept looking around Manan's room.

Later, Nandani cooked the speciality again, and she stood there with a slightly lecturing tone, and asked, " Manan, what's the eighth rule in this House?"

Manan dutifully answered, "When I'm eating with adults, I can only start after they start. BUT I'm so hungry!! Daddi!!" He turned to Nyonika, hoping that she would help him, but Nyonika coughed and said, "Your mother is right." which caused Nandani to be pleasantly surprised.

While she was washing the dishes, Nyonika apologised to her for saying that she was not brought up properly, "after I saw how obedient Manan is, I realise that your parents must have brought you up very well in order for you to bring Manan up so well."

She looked at Manan and said, "When Manik was at Manan's age, he was nowhere as happy. I often brought him to tuition, to classes... because of my interference, he didn't smile or laugh often. I realise my mistake now, but it's too late. We're both single mothers, but from you, I think I should reflect upon myself." "No, actually we're the same, we both love our child, just that we love in a different way... no one will love Manik more than you. But I took his childhood away, and broke you and him up, and in the process caused Manik, caused you, and even Alia to be unhappy."