CHAPTER 23

Chapter- 23

"Is he like that too? Manan's daddy? You sound like you know someone like me" asked Manik suspiciously..

Nandani was shocked with this sudden question..

"Nah..... He appears to be super irritating and often does things that no one understands, but the most important thing is that whatever he does is full of justice" said Nandini proudly..

"Sounds just like me... thanks for believing me and your care all these while. I'm sorry for not being able to stay and take care of you" Manik said smilingly..

Nandini told him "he would never know how much he had done for her and Manan and that maybe it's Heaven's arrangement".

"I also didn't know why Heaven sent me to live here, meet you and Manan.. confuse my principles.. couldn't carry out the bad thing that I'm supposed to do... I should have been able to leave with no guilt but I'm filled with guilt now.. Why?" Manik said and looked deep and thoughtful into Nandini's eyes...

Their eyelock which was broken by Village Head who wanted his Black Jack back. Manik gave him back the Black Jack and then they realised that it sprouted!!!

They realised something was wrong because Nandini and Manik used the same bulb but different source of water and soil. Manik told them that "he had already suspected that Sexana Corporation's factories that surrounded Village might be polluting the water and the soil in the fields and that the corporation might be desperately trying to obtain Village's land to avoid being found out".

Nandini showed them the shredded papers to show that Manik really wanted to help them and asked them to believe Manik another time.

Even though Dhruv was reluctant, he agreed as well, not before warning Manik that he would be watching him carefully.

They stopped Sarla from drinking the underwater from village field, and she thought that Manik wanted to snatch her water, after snatching the land, but Nandini told her that Manik suspected the underwater was already polluted by the factories, which was why Village Head's Black Jacks never grew.

Then they all made a plan... Dhruv was trusted with the task of obtaining water from the factories' pipes and sending the samples for analysis. Nandini cautioned him by holding his arms about the factories' workers and to be little careful around them....

Manik saw her holding Dhruv's arms but it wasn't very clear to him whether he's just being observant, or jealous, or uncomfortable.

Manik took Village Head to Alia for a check up because his health was deteriorating day by day, and said that "If there's an angel on Earth, it would be Alia"...

Alia took a blood sample from Village Head and when Manik asked her later if their marriage would be affected, Alia told him that as long as he's doing the right thing, she would support him. She asked him why his attitude changed so fast in just a few days, and he told her smilingly that maybe it's because of the villagers, Manan or his mummy.

After that, when Alia walked Village Head to the door, she even gave Manik sweets with no artificial sweeteners to give to Manan, since she learnt from Manik that he had diabetes. Manik was so touched by her thoughtfulness that he gave her a kiss on the forehead.

Dhruv went home and Khushi gave him an amulet that she got from the temple, but she refused to listen to Dhruv when he told her that he only thought of her as a sister, and nothing more. Nandini asked Manik about Alia's reaction and he told her that she's fine with him working against her father.

Nandani said that "Alia is both pretty and kind".

Manik raised his one eyebrow and asked her "Hey how do you know Alia?? how you would know whether Alia's pretty or not"...