Meet and Greet

Jake

"Hi, I'm Shawn" the guy said while shaking my hand with a firm grip.
"So you're my 'tour guide' today?" I asked to him with a grin on my face. He laughed and nodded to me.
"Right this way then" Shawn walked out of the office and started to show me around.
"So, why did you move to the boring town of Toronto?" Shawn asked.
"My mum just got a new job here so we had to move" I replied.
"Oh okay. Here is your locker by the way" he said while gesturing to a rather beaten up rack of lockers.

Shawn continued showing me around the school until we returned back to the office. "What is your next lesson?" Shawn questioned me. I pull my timetable out from my pocket and scan the page until I see period 2. "Maths. Great" I replied with an unpleasant look.
"haha, it won't be that boring. I'm in that class too!"
"Oh good. That means you can show me the way" I said suddenly perking up a bit. Calm down. You've just met him!

Shawn
1 hour earlier.

"Hey Cam" I said sitting down next to him in Science.
"Hey. Have you done the homework?" He asked worriedly. What homework? I don't remember any homework! Dammit. That's another strike before a detention. (A/N Me everyday). Cameron could sense the worried look on my face. "I'll take that as a no" He scoffed at me. Just then, the school secretary walked into the room and walks over to the teacher. They started having a private conversation while everyone around them continued to talk amongst themselves. "Okay class! Can I have your attention?", Mr Jones shouted to get us to shut up. "We have a new student joining our school and Miss Graham here has asked if any of you want to help out and show him around. It wouldn't take too long."
A new kid. We haven't had anyone new here for a few years now. I can show him around though. Beats having to go to Maths after this!
"I'll do it. I don't mind" I spoke up. Everyone turned to me and I instantly turned red from the attention.
"Okay thank you Shawn. I'll let you go 5 mins early at the end of this lesson."
Miss Graham ran back out. She seemed stressed. Probably boring school stuff. "Really, you forget what you ate yesterday." Cameron laughed at me, "you wouldn't be able to show someone around this school".
"I'm sure I'll be fine" I replied with a shut-the-hell-up look on my face.
"Okay Mr. Tour Guide." He mocked at me.
"Cameron Dallas! What have I told you about talking in class!" Mr Jones shouted at him.
"Sorry Sir" Cameron turned bright red from attention now shifting to him. I guess I'm not the only one.

--------

I was so bored in science, watching the clock count to 10:55. It was 10:54 and time felt like it was going slower, as if the second hand was too tired too make the full circle. 57... 58... 59... 10:55!! Finally! I spoke up as soon as our teacher finished his sentence. "Sir, I have to go now"
"Okay, sure. Try not to miss to much of your next lesson" he replied.
Cameron looked at me with a jealous look on his face. "See you in Maths. Good luck" he said.
"Won't need it" I laughed as I turned away from him, picked up my bag and walked out the door.

I saw Miss Graham in the hallway. "Shawn! I was just coming to get you." She said relieved.
"Well here I am"
"Yes, good. Just follow me please"
I followed her all the way back to the office in silence. I never know what I'm supposed to say to a teacher. It's not like you can really get all personal with them. Approaching the door, I all of a sudden had a wave of nervousness hit me. What if he's weird? What if he's too 'bad'? What if he's cute? What? Why did I say that? I still haven't really found myself yet but I've never thought anything like that before. Okay, let's just get this over and done with. Act confident. Miss Graham pushed open the door and held it open for me. "Here you go Jake" She said looking at the guy behind the door. I moved out of her way so I could see him. He was around 5"11. He had fair blond hair and a few freckles on his face. His eyes were... wow... His eyes were a bright blue. The light from the window next to him reflecting off of his eyes making them seem brighter. Wow. Stop it! Just stop! "I'm Jake" he said. He seemed nervous. A cute nervous though. Okay I really need to stop now. I've just met him and I haven't even spoken to him yet. Reply to him!! "Hi, I'm Shawn." Really? Boring. I extended my hand to gesture a handshake. Even more boring. He grabbed my hand with a firm grip. His hands were warm. He shook my hand for a second and let go.