Last Night Together

Hey everyone!
Thanks for all of your support on the story so far :). I can't believe it's hit over 2000 reads!! Hopefully you enjoy this chapter!
Some interesting stuff could be happening this time ;)

----------------

Jake

*mmmm*mmmm*
My phone vibrated on my bedside table. I picked it up to read the notification.
1 new group message - Nash
A group message from Nash. I opened it. It read:
Nash: Hey guys. You all wanna come over after school today? Thought we could hang out and stuff.
My phone vibrated again.
Shawn: Sure man, we'll come over
Matt: Yeah, cool
I replied:
Jake: Okay

No idea how I'll get there. I guess Shawn might be able to take us. I locked my phone and jumped out of bed.

After my shower I slipped some clothes on and went downstairs. "Morning Tom" I said with my croaky morning voice.
"Morning" he replied, tired.
"Where were you last night? I didn't hear you come home." I questioned.
"I stayed out late with some friends and now I have a huge hangover, so I'd rather you didn't kill me with a million questions." He replied with an annoyed look on his face.
"Haha, sorry."
"How's school been going for you?" He poked at me.
"It's good so far. My teachers are all really nice and I've made some really nice friends too." I paused and quickly fell into a daydream about Shawn. God he's amazing. Okay. Snap out of it. Why did I do that? Did Tom notice?
"Oooh, looks like you've made more than friends!" Crap. He noticed. My face turned red which didn't help the situation. "Aww, looks like little Jakey has a crush" he laughed.
"I don't, stop it!" I didn't want to seem too obvious, but I think it was way too late.
"What's her name?" And there it is. The main problem. The use of the word 'her'. "There is no one, just drop it" I said with a smirk on my face. I don't help myself.
"Alright, but I will find out sooner or later" he added. "I'm off to school, want a lift?" Tom asked me.
"That would be great, thanks." I grabbed my stuff and slipped on my shoes. Tom shouted up the stairs, "Mum, I'm taking Jake to school so you don't have to rush".
"Okay, see you later boys" she shouted back.

***

"Jake!" I heard a familiar voice behind me. It was Cameron.
"Hey Cam!" I replied. He ran and joined me walking into school.
"So, heard anything from Charlotte yet?" He pried. Oh I really don't need this again.
"No, not yet" I said.
"Awww, come on man. You have to text her, she's totally into you!"
"I only gave her my number and didn't get hers back." I faked a sad tone.
"Oh, you just gotta play the waiting game then." He laughed. "Are you going to Nash's later? He asked me.
"Yeah, I don't know where he lives though so I was hoping one of you guys could take me there." I replied with puppy-dog eyes.
"Well how can anyone ever say no to those eyes." Cameron chuckled. We both laughed. "I think Shawn is gonna drive us there after school" he added.
"Cool"

***

I hadn't had any lessons with the group yet. I still hadn't seen Shawn today either. English was finally coming to an end when Charlotte appeared next to me. "Hey Jake, soooo I know yesterday you said you played a bit of guitar." She extended her words.
"Yeaaahhh" I jokingly mocked.
"Do you wanna come and jam with me in music this lunch? Just wanna see how much you can play" She continued.
"You'll be disappointed. I'm not some guitar god. Not even close." I tried to hint at a no.
"I don't mind. Maybe I could teach you." She smiled.
"Alriiiiggghhtt." I jokingly replied as if it was a big ask of me.
"Yay!" She clapped. The bell rang and we all got up and packed our bags. "We gotta be quick because the rooms usually get taken up pretty quickly." She rushed. A bit of music can't hurt, I guess. It's good to have other friends too. Just don't get too close to her. "Okay. Let's go then" I replied with a smile. Walking through the corridors towards the music section I could already hear drums and guitars jamming away in the distance. Some of the things I heard actually sounded pretty good. I could hear a variety of different genres being played. A rock band in one room shredding guitars and smashing drums kits. There's was a girl singing some pop songs with someone else playing the piano. Further down the corridor I could hear an acoustic guitar. Sounded like someone had just started a song. I heard the guitar get slightly louder and then a male voice started singing.