Getting Close

So I keep switching between writing this on a phone and on a computer. Thats why the spacing is different, like between new speakers. Sorry about that. I'll try to only write on my computer from now on :(. (You'll see what I mean)

Thanks for reading the last chapter guys!

Enjoy this one :)

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Jake

2 hours left until Shawn gets here. I walked into the kitchen to find a snack to eat. I knew I wouldn't be eating for a few hours so I need to get something now. The fridge was empty, as usual. Well I say that but there was actually quite a lot of food. Just nothing I can pull out now and eat without any preparation. What? I'm lazy. We all do it. "Hey Jake, sorry I couldn't pick you up earlier." Mum said while ripping open some post.

"Hey Mum. Thats okay, I actually kind of liked making my own way home. Makes me feel like an adult." I replied, "That doesn't mean I won't need picking up sometimes though". She smiled at me and continued to read her letters. "Hey Mum. I'm gonna go out with a few friends tonight. Is that okay?" I asked her, slightly worried she would say no. She doesn't usually but we just moved here and I already want to go out.

"You've made friends already? Wow! I'm so happy for you!" She said with a huge grin on her face. "Well, it depends where you're going and how long you're out for".

"We're just going into town. They want to show me around the place because we're new here. And I wouldn't be back any later than midnight. I promise." I said carefully, crossing my fingers behind my back.

"Okay, as long as you don't do anything stupid."

YES! SHE SAID YES! I can't wait until tonight!

"Here, since you haven't had time to get a job yet take this with you tonight." She picked up her purse from the counter, pulled out three $20 notes and placed them in front of me.

"Mum, you don't have to do that. I still have some money in my savings from back in Vancouver." Awww, she's so nice to me sometimes.

"No, I want to because it's your first night going out with friends here. I want you to have fun" She insisted.

"Thanks Mum" I embraced her in a hug and put the money in my pocket.

"Just tell me before you leave, I want to say goodbye." She said.

I walked out of the room and started to walk upstairs. I looked at my watch. 6:32!! I don't have long! I ran upstairs and jumped into the bathroom and shut the door behind me. I don't know why but I always preferred showers. They make you nice and awake for whatever you have ahead of you and they don't take too long. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and connected it to our bathroom speaker and started playing the Spotify charts playlist. I love finding new music so I always check this playlist at least once a week. I quickly jumped in the shower and made sure I smelled nice for tonight. Getting out, I grabbed my towel and started dabbing my body and my hair. I sprayed deodorant and styled my hair and wrapped my towel around me. I just had to go and find something nice to wear. I opened the door and saw Tom standing there. "Hey!" I said to him. "How was your first day?

"It was good. I met a few people and we hung out at lunch and stuff. Mum tells me you're going out tonight? You made friends quick!" He said surprised.

"Why does everyone keep saying that? They seem nice and they invited me to go out with them tonight to show me around."

"Oh cool! How are you getting there? Do you want me to give you a lift?" That's nice of him to ask.