Cliché Greetings

(I'm gonna be honest. I know it's taken me a very long time to finish this chapter. I just haven't really been very focused on it. I haven't got any excuses but I hope that you still remember the storyline :) and that you want to continue reading. Enjoy)

Hey everyone! Thanks so much for the feedback and votes on the last chapter! I will always try to include any suggestions or ideas that you give so make sure you put more in the comments!

By the way, I've realised that I keep changing from past tense to present tense in some parts. Blame that on my tiredness lol. I'm now going to carry on the story from the present tense (If I can).

Also, recently Shawn posted on his Snapchat a story about how he is not gay. This story is not meant to portray the real Shawn Mendes as gay, just the fictional, story version in my story :) Remember this story is set before Shawn was famous and I still don't know if that will actually happen in the story yet. (I started writing this chapter the day after he posted on his snapchat. Thats why by the time you are reading this he posted that ages ago)

No matter what Shawn is, we will all still love him :) (It is bit of a bummer though lol). Just thought I'd let you guys know in case you missed it.

Enjoy this chapter!

--------

Shawn

Monday. A new day of school. A new opportunity to learn nothing. Thats how school feels most of the time anyway. The teachers don't mind if we don't listen in lessons. As long as we get good grades at the end and they still get payed everything is cool. I guess that's great and not great at the same time. Education is important, but friends are fun :) !

I feel somewhat more excited to go to school today. I feel like school has all of a sudden become more important and something is making me happy to actually go into school for the day. I have no idea. Getting out of bed, I slipped a t-shirt on over my naked torso and pulled up a pair of shorts over my underwear. I walked downstairs and saw my Mum already starting breakfast. "Hey" I called out to her. She responded with a smile and said, "Hey, breakfast is nearly ready. Pancakes and syrup."

"Smells good!" I reply. Mum always makes the best pancakes for us.

"Wheres Aaliyah?" I asked her.

"She had to leave a bit earlier because she wanted to meet some friends at the bus stop." she said in a sort of suspicious tone.

"I could've given her a lift." I responded.

"Yeah I know, she was rushing around though so I didn't think to tell her." Just as she said that, she placed a large plate of 3 pancakes down on the kitchen table. "Here you are Shawn" She said with a warm smile on her face.

"Thanks Mum. You're the best!" I nudged her.

"You're welcome sweetie. I'm off to work now. Don't be late for school, okay?"

"I won't. See you soon" I replied with a wave. She planted a kiss on my forehead and walked out. As usual, the pancakes were up to the best standard and I finished them in about 10 minutes. Just as I swallowed the last mouthful my phone vibrated on the table next to me, startling me a little. I look at the screen which read: 1 New Message - Nash. I quickly picked up my phone and unlocked it. The message read:

Nash: Hey Shawn. You know I don't usually ask you for this but can you pick me up on the way to school?

Shawn: Sure man. What's up?

Nash: I don't really wanna talk about it over text. It's about my parents again.

Shawn: Okay, don't worry about it. I'll be there in 20 mins :)