「34th period」: assist time

1k views, thank you so much ()

K A R M A A K A B A N E
赤羽
student no. 1

I knew something was wrong with her. I was sure of it.

But I had to divert others' attention because if they notice, the girl would hide herself even more. She was a hermit, one who would revert to her shell when something was different. Or more like, she built barriers. Strong enough to outshine the Great Wall of China.

Right before prying, I decided it'd be best if we were actually in a private place. So, I asked her to sleep over on impulse.

"What?" She asked, as if she misheard me.

"Again. Just sleepover. You've done it once, wouldn't hurt to do it again" I shrugged.

"But, we were studying, the last time I went to your place. You barely let me sleep" she countered.

"Hm~ Are you actually getting conscious? What do you call that time when you wouldn't let go of my torso? Would you rather come along with them?~" I smirked, knowing how much I can persuade her.

"No sir" she immediately gave in. It was fun to watch how long this'll last again.

"Well, let's go then" I began walking as she trotted behind me.

"Hey, Karma" she called.

"What?~" I turned my head to take a quick glance at her.

"Thanks".

✖︎●✖︎

The next day, I never that I'd hear such an answer coming from the girl.

"Your skipping today, right?" I asked the girl when we finished getting ready for school. (Sorry to say but she slept in another room).

"What makes you think that?" Iroha tilted her head, tying her shoes.

I never understood her fashion. A hoodie, her uniform blouse and her uniform skirt, matched with a pair of chucks. Then again, I had to admit it actually suited her image.

"You said it yourself, didn't you? They're after you" I spelled it out for her, quirking an eyebrow.

"But, another absent for this term and I might repeat a fucking grade" she emphasized. "If anything, it's not worth the repetition".

"Alright, calm down, I'll help you find away around this~" I assured her.

"I never thought I'd thank you so many times in a week, heh~" she grinned before finally got getting up, ready to go.

I tried to think of a plan.

Knowing Iroha's hit-and-run habits, this was definitely not going to be easy.

"Can you get to school without resorting to violence?" I asked her.

"Since I'm over at your place I think I'll manage, but the thing I should be worried about would be how I'd be leave school" she sighed.