「43rd period」: answer time

I R O H A I N U K A I
犬飼 彩葉
student no. 29

The look on Asano's face was priceless.

It was just a day after we visited Hotaru, and fate happened to be on my side. So when I heard about what happened to Asano, I just had to hold in my laughter as much as I could.

"I'm saying why did you let him do this to you?" Sakakibara said loud enough for us to here as Karma and I walked nearby. "One word and he can be demoted to Class E".

Even so, I could make up Asano's beaten up face, despite standing this far. Ah I see now...

"That'd be running away from the problem, not addressing it" Asano told him, "Ishikawa-kun knows that well, he was practically challenging me to do it, and besides, he was kinda right by saying its my fault".

Good Job Shi-kun! I thought.

"You look like you're so amused, huh~" Karma noted, and for the first time I actually willingly smiled at him.

"Of course! Have you seen Asano's face? After what happened with Hotaru, he deserves it".

Don't get me mistaken. Asano was my friend, in fact before the whole 3-E thing, he was kinda like my brother. But even so, I was closer to Ishikawa, and I definitely know how he feels regarding Asano when he makes use of Hotaru. So, no matter how aggravating it was to punch Asano in the face myself, I'm glad it was Ishikawa who taught him a lesson.

"Over protective of her aren't you?" Karma noted.

"Hm? Not really" I shrugged. "I did bring her out of her shell and all, but, sometimes I do it out of duty".

"Duty?".

"I owe Ishikawa" I mumbled. "You know just how much I hate owing people, right? And it just so happens to be for the sake of my friend. There's no way I could've declined".

"Hm" he just hummed. "Was it really just that?".

Huh?

✖︎●✖︎

From: Ishikawa Hikaru
Subject: N/A
Can you ask if I can talk to Horibe-kun?

-

"No-Prob-lem" I dictated as I typed it down.

"Iroha-chan!" Kayano greeted me, grabbing unto my shoulders, nearly throwing me off balance. "Who are you talking to?".

"Ishikawa-kun" I told her.

"Eh? Who?" She tilted her head, before the girls started reacting.

"Iroha-chan, you're friends with Ishikawa Hikaru?" Kurahashi asked, Yada, Nakamura and the others anticipating my answer.

"You mean that rumored good looking guy, huh?" Okano smiled at them.

"Hm, is Shi-kun that popular?" I wondered.

"Kinda. A lot of girls like him. I mean, with his charisma and skill, it's pretty normal I guess" Nagisa told me.