「24th period」: flower time

K A R M A A K A B A N E
赤羽
student no. 1

season 2 episode 7

When the female class representative announced that Bitch-sensei's birthday was about four days ago, I honestly didn't give a fuck. But considering that we could do something to get Karasuma-sensei and that woman together, I thought about it again.

In the end, we divided the tasks and we got separated into squads. Nagisa, Kayano, Kanzaki, Sugino, Okuda, Iroha and I ended up in the present-buying squad. And I could assure you, things weren't going easy.

"Bitch-sensei probably already got just about every gift there is" Sugino sighed as we stopped in front of a flower van

"It's a tough one" Kayano agreed.

"Well, since we don't have long. Let's just buy a couple of chocolates and a bottle of wine" Iroha suggested but I contradicted her.

"We can't possibly buy good wine considering the budget" I contadicted her, making sure I was able to mock her by marking how tall she was, "And who in the world would be smart it enough to sell wine to minors?".

"Are you picking another fight, Karma? What's that got to do with my height---" She asked me, veins popping, only to be cut off by Kayano.

"Oi, you two, can't you take a day without arguing at all?"

Nagisa recalled the budget, worrying about what to get as well. "The class pitched in 5,107 yen. Will that even get us a present for a grown woman?" he looked at the envelope filled with the money.

"I knew it! Hey, you guys, did everything turn out okay? You know, with the old guy's leg?" a voice asked.

Nagisa seemed to recall who the man as he gave him his thanks, "The flower-shop guy who called the ambulance! Thanks so much for your help. He managed to forgive us".

"Ah. I'm glad it wasn't anything serious. And now you'd like to find a gift, something for a grown up?" the man asked and Kanzaki replied.

"U-huh".

"How about something like this?" He shows us a rose and hands it to Kanzaki, who gladly took it.

"I get it, a bouquet!" Kayano pointed out.

"In an age where we have our pick of presents, why do you think flowers are still a popular go-to gifts? It's not just about heart. Their color, shape, fragrance and impermanence makes them a perfect match for the human instinct" the vendor explained.