Chapter Nine

Mrs.Tunner came back and passed the bottle of milk to Stella to feed their little master Oliver. But Stella taking more precaution, checked the hotness of the milk by placing the bottle on her neck and checking whether it was fit to be fed to him or not.

"It's fine...here buddy...drink it slowly." She gently placed the bottle on his sweet small pouty lips and held the bottle in a place while Oliver drank the milk hungrily. A thought came in her mind and she looked at Mrs. Tunner in confusion.

"Mrs. Tunner....how old is Oliver? Shouldn't he be fed with the mother's milk?" Her question made both the maids look down on the ground, sadness evident on their faces.

"Mrs. Young....Oliver's mother, Mr. Albert's elder sister died when Oliver was just two months old. So feeding him with his mother's milk was not very possible any longer. That is why he is so weak and mostly remains so irritated." Stella's heart clenched hearing those words.

She could feel those emotions, the feeling of being left behind, having no shelter above her and those warm embraces of your parents missing somewhere, which earlier used to keep you secure from all the evils of the world. She could relate herself to Oliver.

She involuntarily hugged him more towards her chest and kissed his head, running a loving hand over it. She had an idea to solve this problem though. Maybe she might need the consent of Albert for it. Though she was not ready to face him at this moment, but she will later. She will, if it's about Oliver's care and good health.

"You two can go and have some sleep. I'll be here with Oliver and take care of him. Good night!" She bid farewell to both the ladies and made her way towards the blue couch in the corner. She looked around the room and found it mostly dominated with things covered in blue color, from his crib to the fans, the wall, curtains, carpets, door, his toys....everything literally covered in shades of blue. 

Maybe Oliver is bore with so much blue. I need to change the setting of this room. It is so suffocating. With this last thought in her mind, she went to the bed along with Oliver and got devoured in a nice happy sleep with the cutest baby in her arms. Thank you God.....for giving me my hope. Oliver !

***

It was just not the reason that they had a fight that he wanted to go and check on her. No, it was his inner instincts, the ones that always urges him to go to her, try to be close to her and ensure about her well being.

He didn't want a tag of relation to make him do these things which are almost out of his league. It was his will and want that every time led him to the steps of the woman, who forever claims his heart and always will.

Albert was standing outside the door which led him to Oliver's sweet little room. He was informed by Mrs. Tunner before she went to sleep that Stella is staying tonight in Oliver's room. And his instant reaction was that of fear. He was afraid thinking about the reactions and adjustments that Stella might have to go under one night in such circumstances of meeting, which was just after their fight. And his stupidity to lose control on himself.

But he doesn't want Stella to behave rude to this sweet kid. He was the only precious possession he had left as a memory of his beloved sister. It was not only his elder sister's request to look after her kid, it was more about his zeal to be there to look after him and provide the kid with a secure and bright future. And he will always make sure to be there for him.

Life has always been hard for him. Being rich is not always fun, especially if you are the only heir of Thomas Weill's entire fortune. Since childhood he was burden with the so called responsibilities and duties to be carried out and be followed in every step of his conduction. He was taught with strict norms and regulation to be adapted in his life style, if he wanted to achieve success in his life just like his father. And in all this rush, to attain all this, he forgot the fact that he was just a little kid. A kid who wanted to play, live, love, make friends and learn.He complexed his emotions towards things which led him to become a ruthless, lifeless and an arrogant man. 

With much needed will power, he opened the door and stepped inside the dim lighted blue room. The sight in front of him was nothing he could have ever imagined in his dreams. On the little bed, which according to him was not accustomed for more than one person, was a beautiful soul sleeping with a content looking Oliver curled in her arms.

The rhythm of her breathing and that of Oliver equally matched. It looked like they both were lulling each other to sleep. The mere sight of it pulsate something inside Albert's heart, which was very unusual for him. Looking at Stella with Oliver in her arms, made him wish for his own kids for the first time in his life. 

He at once sidetracked this thought and went forward towards the pair on the bed. He don't want to wish for things which can't happen. It can't happen because he can't let it happen, for some reasons, which with time must be revealed. He sat beside the bed on his knees and admired both of them.

Oliver was soundly breathing through his open mouth, which Albert very gently closed and Stella, he couldn't dare to do much than sitting there and just admire her natural beauty and innocence. How can he be so ruthless to hurt such a pious soul? He was always aware about the hardship she went through in her life. The struggle she did to live throughout it. So why couldn't he stop himself before crushing the hopes she had for a better future. Maybe a future with someone else.

Even this thought made him tighten his grip on the side of the quilt and close his eyes to avoid such visions. He again looked at her and dared to touch her pink rosy cheeks with the back of his hand, to calm his tensed nerves.

As soon as his hand touched the soft skin of her cheeks, she involuntarily moved towards the source of warmth. This surprised Albert but he couldn't be more happy than this. He was glad that at least in her sleep she doesn't avoid him or better run away from him.

"If I could Stella...then I would gladly free you." He whispered gently while admiring her face, caressing her cheeks and jawline in the very empty and dim lighted room.

"But till the time comes....bare with me. Fight with me, talk back to me, show all your sweet tantrums....but please....never leave me." His voice broke at the ends and he bowed his head thinking about the cruelty of the fates. With last time watching both of them sleeping soundly, he got up and went out of the door, shutting it close lightly.

Quote: One of the main tasks of theology is to find words that do not divide but unite, that do not create conflict but unity, that do not hurt but heal.
-Henri Nouwen

***Don't forget to Vote***
Please Share your Views