Chapter Sixteen

Selena's eyes searched for a particular woman dressed in glittery golden gown and masked her face with that of her famous sugar coated smile when she approached her, finding her all alone.

"Looking at the man with whom you are knotted in the bond of marriage dancing with someone else, what a shame, isn't it?" Selena picked up a glass of red wine from the passing by waiter and offered one towards Stella.

Stella declined her offer politely without speaking a word and shifted her gaze back in the direction where her husband was dancing with a beautiful lady.

"Jealous! When you watch Albert with another lady, do you feel that emotion Stella?" Stella was a bit taken aback by her question and couldn't make up her mind for what to reply. Why is she being so friendly with me?

"You don't! I knew it. You don't because you don't love him and neither does he."

What the hell! Stella looked at her ridiculed by her words and exaggerations. She looked around just to get a way out of here.

"But I on the other hand, I feel like killing the woman in his arms when I see him with another woman. God! It's such a worst feeling dear." Selena dramatically exaggerated her fake love towards Albert and even tried to fake cry in front of Stella who looked confused about how to handle this overrated female.

Albert who was dancing with Miss Greyson, who is a cousin of Ethan, suddenly caught sight of Selena talking to Stella, who from the way she was speaking and moving her hands all around her was the sign of a trouble.

Albert tried to free himself from the ridiculous slow dance he was doing and approach the ladies, but it seemed to him like Miss Greyson was intentionally trying to stick to him.

"Sorry Miss Greyson, but I need to talk to my wife. Hope you don't mind." Before the other party could dare to contradict, Albert left her behind and went to look after the matter between Selena and Stella.

"Hey Man! Where are you going? Come here, have some drink with me." Ethan was checking on the pair and when he found Albert approaching them, he immediately made a move to stop him.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Ethan? Seriously, you invited Selena on your birthday party. Why haven't you informed me about it earlier?" Albert looked annoyed to be said least. He couldn't understand why did Ethan invited Selena in his birthday party when they both clearly hated each other.

"Don't blame me man, it's all my father's doing. He invited Mr. Stevenson and his family. I too came to know about her arrival the moment you did, believe me."

Ethan showed his genuine side and tried to look more innocent than he really was. He looked at the side noticing the pair still talking and kept Albert involved with him in the opposite side.

"It pains me Stella...when I watch him with another woman and especially now when he is got stuck into an arranged marriage, when it should be me the one married to him."

Selena was crying to show how much she was affected with all this arrangements, where love of her life is married to someone else and side glanced to make sure that Stella was still listening.

"But he can't go against his father will. He respects his father too much and I appreciate it, but I never thought he will force him to marry someone else, that too when....."

Selena stopped speaking mid sentence which left Stella feeling suspicious about what she really had to say.

"When what? What are you trying to say?" Selena pursed her lips resisting the urge to roll her eyes in front of her. That question was exactly what she was hoping.