Chapter Nineteen

"No way! Ethan and Selena together?"
But I thought Selena loves you. I mean was with you or whatever it was."

"And Ethan.....god I still can't believe it. He looked such a nice and genuine person. You are sure about all this, right?" Stella was pacing around the room looking totally frustrated with the situation, asking him all kinds of questions related to the past few hours spent.

"It doesn't matter to me anymore, Stella. You just come here to your husband. He needs you." Albert gestured towards the area vacant beside him and motioned her to come and sit over there. She came over and plopped herself down dramatically, sitting facing him and waiting patiently for him to answer.

"It matters to me! That wicked woman made me believe that she is actually pregnant with your baby. How can someone lie about such a sensitive topic? And how did you caught them both? Tell me everything."

"Your wife needs your answers more than she needs you." She winked at him making him laugh out loud. He always loved her playful side. He really missed watching her like this.

"Okay I'll tell you." He lays back, putting his arms behind his neck and getting into a relaxing posture.

"First, give me a long kiss." This time he winked at her making her blush, to which she replied him by smacking on his arm lightly and when he caught her, she ordered him to let her go, while trying to get off the bed.

"If you are again going to start with all this....diverting me from the topic. Then give up. Because this time I am adamant to know everything and will not surrender to your manipulation on my body." She was lying over him, their faces inches apart making Stella rethink about her decision to know or to give up, contrary to her words.

"God I love when you are so feisty." He hugged her close, embracing in his arms. Loving the feeling of them being together.

"It was not me who found them plotting on me. It was Miss Greyson, Ethan's cousin. Looks like the woman had a crush on me since long and wanted to help me as a symbol of portraying her affection towards me." Stella scowled at his statement, not liking this Miss Greyson for having a crush on her husband but Albert just rolled his eyes, not paying much a thought to that.

"Ethan manipulated her by saying he will help her get me. And when she found out them talking in Ethan's bedroom about breaking us apart. She understood his true nature."

"I confronted Ethan, asked him why he did all this. Ofcourse he denied it first, but accepted all when I tried to rile him up by saying some shitty stuff. Looks like he always hated me. The person I believed to be my best friend....hated me because of my wealth, my success, literally everything, as his words were."

"And Selena....I don't know what to say about her anymore. I actually cared for her, cared enough to believe in her. After you left me....she was my only support. I couldn't tell father or Lily, they would pity me or try to force you to be with me. You know how my father is. Hell he even made you marry me finally." He looked at her lovingly.

"Well I am not complaining for that part. That is one of the best thing he ever did for me." He kissed her forehead and played with her locks curling them around his finger.

"I don't know when they started liking each other. If I knew, I would have stepped out of their way. Atleast Selena could have said that to me, just once."

"I know love makes people do stupid things and so have they. It's just that....it hurts to know that the people I trusted the most are the one to betray me always." His words hit a chord in Stella's heart and she felt extremely bad, because she was one of them.

But it's time for confrontation now. And she will explain her part too. "I didn't betray you Albert. You betrayed me." She pulled herself up and sat, making a safe distance between them.

"What are you talking about, Stella?"

"Tell me, was Selena one of your girlfriends during your college time too?" Albert looked at her as if she has lost her mind.

"Or was there so many that you don't even remember them?" Albert had no idea what she was talking about so he asked her to explain whatever imaginary story she was making.

"Nathan told me about....about how you changed during your college days. He was studying in a school near by your college that time. I always used to ask him about your well-being when he used to come back home during weekends. You changed Albert....you started dating girls...."

"Just stop this nonsense right here!" He shouted at her, not believing her words. "I didn't date anyone during college. I was committed to you during that time dammit. How could you believe that trash of a friend of yours over me? He is a bloody liar, Stella. He hated me, because you loved me." He cupped her face in his hands and stroked her cheeks lightly.

"Why were you always so clueless, my sweet, sweet Stella. You don't see what kind of affect you have on people. You make them give up everything they have, just for you. And I was not the only one, Nathan loved you too." Stella gasped in complete shock and looked at him incredulously.

"No he didn't love me that time...He was just my best friend..." He cut short her words by placing his index finger over her lips.

"A best friend who loved you." Before she could argue again, he bit her bottom lip wanting to punish her for her innocence.

"You shouldn't be so innocent to believe everything a man says, Stella."
He pushed her body on the bed, covering it with his.

"And I think.....We need to rectify that situation now."

"What !"

Quote: Men always want to be a woman's first love - women like to be a man's last romance.
Oscar Wilde

***Don't forget to Vote***
Please Share your Views