Chapter 4

The previous mission that Chuck and Sarah with Carina was based on episode 4 of Season 1 called Chuck Versus The Wookiee. This mission is based off episode 7 of Season 1, Chuck Versus The Alma Mater (both of these episodes are some of my favourites)
New Characters (they'll be added to the cast list):
Matt Bomer (yes, the gorgeous and amazing Matthew Staton Bomer, the one who shares a birthday with me) as Bryce Larkin
C.S. Lee as Harry Tang
Adam Baldwin as John Casey
With a brief appearance from Scott Alan Smith as Professor George Fleming.
Also, I'm basing this story where Chuck started; 2007
Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------

-Flashback: Stanford University, 1999-
Chuck sits at on a park bench under a tree. He's high lighting something's on a piece of paper that is for a paper he has to write for Science and Engineering class. He wants to do something like be an engineer, work with computers and be really successful.
"You're in double E one one?" A boy with good hair wearing a red Stanford jersery nearby throwing a football asks, "It's pretty brutal, huh?"
"Oh, yeah, yeah, I only signed up because I'm building my own version of a," Chuck stops, realising that this guy might not be as nerdy as him, "It's kind of embarrassing, actually."
"What?" The guy asks.
"You don't remember that old computer game, Zork?" Chuck asks.
The guy laughs a little, "You were likely to be eaten by a gru."
Chuck laughs a bit, "Holy crap, you do remember?"
"I love that game. I haven't thought about it a while."
"It's probably a good thing." Chuck looks down.
"I disagree," The guy says and Chuck looks up at him, "It's 1999. The next millennium belongs to the geek."
"Alright but still, you know text based computer games don't exactly play with the chicks." Chuck says.
The guy shrugs, "This girl Jill on my floor is nuts about EverQuest."
Chuck looks at him in disbelief, "Are you serious?"
"If you want, you can meet her?" The guy asks.
"Really? Right now?" Chuck asks.
"Yeah, she's over in the quad." The guy says.
Chuck collects up his books from off the bench, stuffing them into his bag quickly, "Ah, yeah, I'd very much like to meet her."
"Need some help?" The guy asks.
"No, oh no. I'm fine," Chuck says, still stuffing the books into his bag, "I just, you know, ah, college," Chuck then puts his hand out to shake the guys after he stands up, "Hi, I'm Chuck by the way."
"Bryce, nice to meet you Chuck." The guy says, shaking Chuck's hand as they go towards the quad.
"Nice to meet you," Chuck says, "So she really genuinely likes EverQuest?"
"Yeah," Bryce says, "I mean I think she plays Zork too."
"Are you kidding me?" Chuck asks.
The two guys walk off towards the quad, talking about this girl Jill and video games...
-End of Flashback: Present Day, 2007-
Chuck sighs as he flicks through a box of some of his items from Stanford while sitting on the bed of his old room at Ellie and Devon's place. Bryce Larkin became his best friend (well, after Morgan) and they tried making their own version of Zork. It was a success with both of them wanting to do things with computers.
Jill, on the other hand, really was quite the nerd. Jill Roberts became Chuck's girlfriend after a while, thanks to Bryce. But during senior year over Spring Break while Chuck was back in Burbank working a shift at the Buy More, Jill dumped him while he was working. She dumped him for no reason. It broke his heart since he thought he was in love with her. He wasn't though and it took him years to completely get over it.
In their Junior year, Bryce was recruited for the CIA. He apparently tried to frame Chuck for cheating by placing answer sheets under his bed. Bryce came clean to their professor, Professor Fleming, who still recruited both of them but Bryce was made to do the stupid undercover missions once he finished Stanford.
"Chuck?" A voice asks from behind him, bringing him away from his thoughts of Stanford. He looks at the door frame to his old room. Ellie stands there.
"Hey El." Chuck says.
"What're you doing?" Ellie asks, walking up to him and sitting next to him.
Chuck puts the box down, "I was just reminiscing over the Stanford days."
"You don't have a lot of good memories there Chuck. I think you really need to move on." Ellie says.
"Like all the bad things like Bryce and Jill?"
"Yeah. Bryce betrayed you and Jill dumped you for no reason. I remember Morgan trying to cheer you up with Kung Fu movies and video games for the rest of Spring Break," Ellie says, "Now you have a good job and a good life."
"Maybe one day I'll have to go back to Stanford and let go of it. Maybe I'll talk to Jill or Bryce and move on after talking to them." Chuck says.
Ellie smiles softly, "Maybe you will but right now, you have a job to do."
"What?" Chuck asks.
"Buy More. Your new job."
"It's not a real job."
"Well, you need to treat it like it is."
"Being a spy is my real job, El."
"Buy More is your real job to everyone who doesn't know your a spy though." Ellie smiles then gets up, leaving the room.
Chuck sighs then puts the box down to go to his job at the Buy More. He had popped by to see his sister before going to work and wanted to look through his stuff that was still left here.