Chapter 5

It's been a while but it's back!
I don't think I mentioned: General Diane Beckman is played by Bonita Freidericy (I think that's who you spell her last name)
Enjoy!
------------------------------------------------

With Magnus taking the code and Fleming now dead, Chuck was a bit stuck with what the code was suppose to be for. He knew it was the place of the disk General Beckman, Director Graham, the CIA and the NSA wanted. He went to his sister's house while Devon was at work and Ellie was about to go to work. He decided to go through his boxes of stuff the day after seeing Fleming. He sat on the bed of his old room, shuffling through boxes for something.
He comes across a book; The Rise And Fall of The Roman Empire. It's from the Stanford library and clearly, it was due back years ago. He studies the books and sees the spine. The book number to be exact. The number reminds him of the way Fleming set out the code.
Then it hits Chuck; the code isn't just a code, it's the book placing. The disk they need is inside a book with this number. What was the number again though? It takes him a while to remember that it's 219 F5U922 but when he does, he writes it on his hand.
There's a knock at the door to the room. He looks at the door frame to see Sarah, wearing casual outfit and smiling at him.
"Hey." Chuck says.
"Hey." Sarah says, walking into the room and sitting beside him on the bed.
"What're you doing here?" Chuck asks.
"I wanted to check up on you. Your sister let me in while she was just leaving to go to work." Sarah says.
"I made some progress on the code. I figured out it's the code for a book in the Stanford library. Where the book is, so is the disc." Chuck explains.
"We should just hope Magnus doesn't figure this out first." Sarah says.
"Now if only I could remember where the book was." Chuck says.
Flashback: Stanford University, 2003
"You're a dead man, Chuck Bartowski."
Bryce's voice is loud in the library but Chuck has no idea where the voice is coming from. The curly haired guy hides behind one of the bookshelves in the Stanford library. His plastic gun that fires rubber darts is down low as he looks around for his friend.
Chuck goes from bookshelf to bookshelf, hiding. Bryce appears nearby, his gun higher than Chuck's and it's ready to fire. Bryce is quick though as he runs down the rows.
The two friends run around the library, hiding from each other in the same area.
As Bryce rushes down the main aisle, a book cart is pushed down from a row and Bryce jumps over it with one hand on it like a ninja. Bryce then jumps over the desk and Chuck slides beside. Chuck doesn't even notice his friend run behind him in the neighbouring aisle.
Chuck positions himself at the desk, pointing the plastic gun in the opposite direction Bryce went.
"Alright," Chuck says, loudly, "Come on, Bryce. Give it up, buddy. I know you're out of ammo. I've been counting."
Bryce comes up from his hiding spot behind Chuck, raising his arms in surrender.
"Buddy," Bryce starts, grabbing Chuck's attention, making Chuck stand up and turn around to face his friend, "Whoa, whoa, you wouldn't fire at an unarmed guy?"
"I might," Chuck says, panting a little with his gun raised, "It's hardly sportsman like."
"What's this?" Bryce asks, gesturing his hand and plastic gun to the bookshelf next to him. He touches something on the shelf top then grabs a book, "Gynaecology for Geeks. You read this?"
"No. Is it a good read?" Chuck asks, slowly lowering his gun a little.
In a blur, Bryce raises his plastic gun from under the book, firing a rubber bullet at his friend's forehead, "Gotcha." Bryce smirks at Chuck.
"Larkin over Bartowski again." Bryce says as Chuck lowers his gun and realises he has been defeated.
Present Day. 2007.
"Chuck? You okay?" Sarah asks, bringing him back from the memory.
Chuck shakes his head a little to get rid of the memory then blinks a few times before speaking, "I remember."
"Good. Where is it?" Sarah asks.
Chuck sighs, "The Stanford library. Whenever Bryce and I were playing around with these little plastic guns in the library, Bryce had a bit of a hiding spot in a book. The book is Gynaecology for Geeks or something like that."
"Let's go tell Casey all this." Sarah says.

------------------------------------------------------

Chuck, Sarah and Casey head out to Stanford University as soon as they can. They rush from the carpark over to the library. Before they enter, Casey passes Chuck and Sarah two cards.
"What are these?" Chuck asks.
"IDs. They're your ticket to actually get in there." Casey says.
Chuck looks at the ID. It's the same ID from his time at Stanford. The same goofy grinned photo of him is on it too.
"Sorry we couldn't photoshop the dorky grin on your face." Casey says.
Chuck glares at Casey for a moment as the bigger man happily grunts, laughing at bit at his own joke. The three go into the building, swiping their cards on the machine as they enter.
"It's down here." Chuck says, directing them down the aisles of books. They come across a row and Chuck goes down it, finding the place where he remembers Bryce found the book.
"Found it?" Casey asks.
"It's gone." Chuck says.
"Magnus found it first." Sarah says.
Chuck, remembering something else, brushes his fingers on the top of the shelf the book is on. He presses a button and a little disk containment pops out. He takes out the disk inside a plastic case, "Got it."
"Let's get out of here." Casey says.
"Uh oh." Sarah says, noticing something past the two men.
Chuck and Casey look at where Sarah's looking to see Magnus with his cross brow.
"Run." Chuck says. The three run through the library and outside. They run through the courtyard and across to a building, running up the stairs inside and into a science lecture room of some sort. They go down the steps and hide behind the desk, taking their guns out to be prepared.
Chuck takes the disc out of his pocket.
"What're you going to do with that, Chuck?" Sarah asks.
"Well, I have a plan but you guys will have to hold off his Magnus if he arrives in here." Chuck says.
A bullet is fired at the lecture desk and goes right through. It doesn't hurt anyone but it's the first of many. Magnus has men here and they have guns. The guns are firing at the three behind the desk.
"Cover me." Chuck says. Casey shoots at a glass bottle on the desk and a mist of smoke goes everywhere from it. Chuck runs through it, making his way of the science lecture room and into a computer room.
Sarah and Casey take their guns out and fire at Magnus' men. The men have good aim and almost hit the two once or twice.
"What is Bartowski doing?" Casey asks through slightly gritted teeth as he almost gets one of the men in the arm.
"He has a plan." Sarah says.
"And what is that plan?" Casey asks.
"I do not know." Sarah says, firing a bullet and it hits one of the men in the shoulder, making him fall over at the impact.
"Nice shot." Casey says with an appreciative nod once Sarah goes down for cover.
"Thanks," Sarah says then checks how many bullets you got left?"
Casey goes down for cover and checks his bullets, "Only a couple. You?"
"Same." Sarah says.
The men keep firing bullets at the blonde CIA agent and large NSA agent.
"What the hell is taking Bartowski so long with his plan?" Casey asks, clearly annoyed.
"God only knows." Sarah says.
"I say we use our last bullets to take out the last of these guys." Casey says.
Sarah nods, "Agreed."
"In three," Casey gets his gun ready, "Two," He's reading to shoot some guys down, "One."
The two agents get up from hiding to fire at the enemy when three people rush in with guns. One is a glasses wearing girl with red hair holding a large gun. The next is a guy who seems like a hippy sort of guy with short dark hair holding two pistols. The last is a dark skinned guy who has short dark hair and is holding a pistol.
"Freeze!" The girl shouts.
"Someone called the calvary." Casey says, lowering his gun.
"Good cause I only had one bullet left." Sarah says.
Chuck rushes into the room with the disc in hand.
"What did you do, Bartowski?" Casey asks.
"I used the disc to find CIA recruits and I called them using the phrase 'are you coming to the toga party?'." Chuck says with a proud smile.
"Where's Magnus?" Sarah asks.
"He kind of mobbed me in the other room. I am really thankful that I had my tranq gun on me." Chuck says.
"Well done, Chuck." Sarah says, smiling at him.
Chuck grins back at her. Something about his grin makes Sarah's heart flutter a bit. She then has to mentally slap herself that she can not fall for another spy. It's against the rules.

---------------------------------------

"Well done agents," General Beckman says in a video chat later that day back in Chuck and Sarah's apartment, "Major Casey, I expect you back in DC as soon as possible. You are in charge of leading a man hunt. I will inform you in the air."
"Yes ma'am." Casey says.
"Bartowski and Walker, you have no missions right at this moment but I will be in contact if you do." Director Graham says.
Chuck and Sarah both nod.
"Goodbye agents." Graham says then ends the video.
Casey turns to Chuck and Sarah, "It was good working with you two."
"Good working with you too, Major Casey." Chuck says, sticking his hand out to shake Casey's large hands.
Casey then shakes Sarah's.
"Goodbye, Major." Sarah says.
"Goodbye." Casey says then leaves the apartment.

--------------------------------

Later that night, Chuck sat at his desk in his room. His computer was on and he was just checking the Internet. It was really boring so he got up to get ready for bed.
"Good night, Chuck!" He hears Sarah's voice call out.
"Good night, Sarah!" Chuck calls out. He gets out of his Nerd Herd uniform after he closes his door most of the way. He puts on some navy pyjama shorts and a grey t-shirt.
His computer beeps, attracting his attention. He notices it's a notification for an email. From Bryce Larkin.
"Blast from the past much." Chuck whispers to himself.
He clicks on the email. The screen goes black and white letters appear across the screen saying 'The terrible troll raises his sword'. It's a quote from his and Bryce's version of Zork they programmed in college.
Chuck types in the answer: 'Attack troll with nasty knife'. He steps back, waiting for what comes next. His screen goes black. But quickly, thousands upon thousands of images flash across the screen. Chuck watches all the images on the screen. Little does he notice the change in the light outside. It goes from pitch black to morning light.
After a few hours of seeing all the images, his screen goes black. His alarm goes off, signalling the start of a new day. He then feels himself go a little light headed and he falls to the floor with a thud.

-------------------------------

What did the email contain? What were the images Chuck saw? Find out in the next chapter :)
Vote!
Comment!