Part III: BETIMES

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

In Part II: BEFORE, we learned how undercover agent Yves Dubreau ran afoul of the criminal, Kyle Averell, and ended up shot, beaten, and tossed into the ocean from a helicopter.

Now, in Part III: BETIMES, we return to where we left off in Part I: BEFORE.  In chapter 12 of Part I, Mitchell was on her way to sign Jean up for a booth at the Coconut Grove Arts Festival.  On the way, however, she spotted a boat like one Jean had painted, and she talked her way aboard that boat. 

Already aboard, to her surprise and dismay, was Frank Stone, who confirmed that this boat, the Do Bee 2, was indeed the place where Yves Dubreau had been living

Already aboard, to her surprise and dismay, was Frank Stone, who confirmed that this boat, the Do Bee 2, was indeed the place where Yves Dubreau had been living ... before.    Mitchell ended an unpleasant conversation with Stone by saying, 

 "Your man, Dubreau? He's dead. If anyone comes back to this boat, it won't be your French-speaking Terminator – oh, yes, let's don't kid ourselves – we both know he was your undercover muscle with tons of evidence stored in his memory. But, he'll never be that again. So, you can stop planning whatever you're planning for him to do."

Stone was unmoved. "Even if he never remembers, he can still be useful to me."

Now, in Part III, Chapter 15, we return to that day, still wondering how Stone means to "use" Jean -- knowing whatever it is, it will be dangerous.  

Enjoy Chapter 15 of DUBY'S DOCTOR, this chapter entitled "Colleagues."