Chapter 5: Guardian of the Island of Snow

 "We're here!" Wendy smiled.

Robin reached for the knob and opened it.

A man sat there. A woman walked downstairs and stared at the visitors.

"I see... Visitors, am I correct?" she smiled.

"Aye!" Happy replied.

"Let's see. Head count, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15" the woman counted each of them. "Follow me and I'll show each of you your rooms"

Everyone started following her except Wendy. She looked back outside.

"There... There's something wrong about this island. Something's not right" she thought.

"Wendy-chan, aren't you coming?" Chopper tugged on Wendy's dress.

"Oh..uh... let's go" Wendy shifted her attention back to reality as she and Chopper went back inside.

Somewhere near the said place...

"Aria-chan..." a girl of blue hair hid behind a tree as the lights in the building went out.

Wendy's POV

"Are you okay Wendy?" Lucy asked me.

"Un!" (Yes!) I lied.

"Ne, was this island like this ever since?"  (Ne means hey) I asked to the lady.

"Iya (Nope). It started when the royal family was rumored they got cursed and died one after another. The king was killed and the villagers found him covered in his own blood, the queen was drugged to sleep and her body was burned and their daughters were supposed to live yet the eldest died because of getting buried alive because of an avalanche while the youngest drowned. They said the island was cursed and here's the result" Shiko, the lady answered. "Anyway, if you guys need something, don't be afraid to call" Shiko left the room immediately.

"This room has some info about this island..." Nami took a scroll from a shelf.

"What's that about?" Lucy asked as she motioned to look at paper.

This island was already called as is for it is shaped as a snowflake if you were to use bird's eye view.

A prosperous island this is with a generous bloodline of royal people yet there was one person who loathed them.

Hatre D. Abhor

He was a man with red dyed hair who was once the king's best friend. Mr. -Hatre, after severing ties, turned into a cold-hearted man who cared about no one except for himself. When angered, he kills anyone as fierce as blazing fire with no mercy and earned himself a bounty of 2,000,000 beli.

He passed away after getting caught up in a storm in the middle of the sea when he was chased by Marines. Days passed, they found out he drowned and recovered half of the body, discovering he was almost eaten by a Sea King.

"That's a horrible way to die..." Lucy commented.

I didn't pay attention anymore since I intently stared at the window and the view outside when it opened up due to the strong wind.

The lights blinked and the candles went out. As the wind filled the room, I heard a voice saying, "Welcome back..."

"Taku! (Geez) What's with this island?" Lucy closed the windows and sealed it properly.

"You okay Wendy?" Nami covered me with a blanket.

"H-hai (Yes)" I responded.

Welcome back? This was the first time I went to this island. Who would welcome me back?