Chapter 8: Friend or Foe?

"Have you heard?"

"Yeah, the Chain Master returned!"

"Really? On the time the Marines actually had the actual upper hand? This person's tough!"

"I think he(?) stands a chance against them"

"Huh? Why do you say so?"

"Some said this person's on a whole new level!"

"Explain please" (T^T)

"Before, the Marines engaged a fight with him on sea and it seems like he wasn't a-"

"Oh I see where this is going"

"See? I told ya!"

"I am wondering why this person just came back. It was a really really really long time ever since he(?) last appeared"

"Who knows? Probably went on a vacation someplace else or something"

News around the world spread out around the world just after the news about the new pirates.

The return of the Chain Master was unexpected. Nobody knew about his identity and the reason of his disappearance, in fact nobody knew if this person was a girl or boy.

"Well I should make a name for myself now, shouldn't I?" A cloaked figure passed the chattering townspeople about the Chain Master. He(?) placed a finger on his(?) chin and thoughtfully said, "I wonder where I should go first?"

"The main ones are in a winter wonderland, the redhead's with Hawk-Eye and the Iron Dragon Slayer, cat and girlfriend is at that place" He(?) spoke to himself. "Who should I visit first?"

"Oh man I've never been this excited for years!" The Chain Master covered half of his face with a palm in hopes to restrain the overwhelming excitement.

He(?) flipped an old-looking brown notebook and browsed through the messed-up pages with posters and notes about the Straw Hats and the fairies. "The fairies have been here before and back to create history"

***

"So where ya takin me by the way?" Gildarts asked the hawk-eyed swordsman. The duo stopped by an island during their trip for them to get some food and other stuff they need.

It seemed like the redhead was such a hungry lion which made Mihawk question himself why he bothered helping him.

But he dismissed it as soon as he remembered that Gildarts was one of them.

"What do we have here?" a bunch of well-built men encircled the two while Gildarts kept throwing curious looks at them. "Shanks and Mihawk hanging out like buddies?"

"This is getting annoying!" Gildarts sighed and glanced at the swordsman. "Why is everybody calling me SHANKS?"

"You look like that drunk weirdo, that's why" Mihawk deadpanned and continued walking like the extras weren't there in the first place.

"Let's prove our strength to these big shots!"

"Oh? A fight huh?" Gildarts grinned as he patted Mihawk's shoulder. "Let me handle them with one blow!"

"He's underestimating us!"

Mihawk and Gildarts jump high enough to get out of the circle before Gildarts stepped in front while cracking his knuckles.

The hawk-eyed swordsman leaned on the tree and watched the fight to commence, interested what power the energetic Mage had.

***

Wendy took a stroll with Aira and her snowman named Callis. She seemed like a good person because Wendy felt comfortable with her presence.

"Aira-san is something wrong?" Wendy asked after taking notice of the woman staring at her.

"Nothing" Aira responded and glanced away. "Nothing really"

A rustling sound interrupted their leisure walk. All of them glanced at a bunch of snow-coated bushes.

"Callis, why won't you take our guest inside?" Aira spoke without removing her gaze on the bushes.

Callis the snowman took Wendy by her wrist but the fairy stopped dead on her tracks.

"But what about Aira-san?" Wendy asked with anxiety evident in her words.

"I think it's those winter wolves again" Aira spoke. "Don't worry, I've dealt with them before"

Wendy shot one last glance at Aira before she finally followed Callis back into the palace.

Wendy thought there was something brewing, something weird going on. The snowman was going to take her to her room but Wendy stopped next to a door that seemed to call her?

Curiosity kicking in, the Sky Dragon Slayer entered the room and was shocked at the only thing that occupied the room.

The Royal Family of Snowflake Island which consisted of the King, Queen, Aira and...

Wendy?

***

Pardon me for the short update. I'm going to make the next chapter much more longer which is going to be focused on the events at the Snowflake Island.

Stay tuned and tell me what you think of this chapter~ :D