02

Biting down on his lips, Jungkook stared hard at the door in front of him. His hand was clenched in a fist and raised in front of him, but he can't seem to find the courage to knock on the door.

Come on...

Finally, after what seemed like hours, he made the move and knocked on the door thrice firmly.

"Coming!"

A sweet voice called out from the other side. Just then, Jungkook regretted ever knocking the door and quickly bolted from the doorstep before crouching down low behind a bush, trying to avoid getting seen. Of course, Jungkook was smart enough to leave the gift on the doorstep, fulfilling at least the main objective of this trip.

The door opened up to reveal a boy with dishevelled orange hair. The sight still takes Jungkook's breath away, just as much as it did the first day he laid eyes on him. 

"Hello?"

The boy called as he looked around, trying to find the culprit. To say annoyed was an understatement, this has been happening for a week already, yet it does not seem like that it would be stopping anytime soon. Just as he was about to close the door, he finally saw the gift box on the floor. Bending down, he picked up the box from the floor.  Frowning, he turned the box over, trying to find the name of the sender.

"Don't do that!"

Jungkook exclaimed with wide eyes and an arm outstretched in front of him like it would actually stop him from turning the box over. As soon as he realised what he just did, his hands  were quick to cover his mouth as the speed of his heartbeat significantly increased.

"Who's that? Come out from wherever you are!"

The boy exclaimed as he looked around with panicking eyes, trying to find the owner of the voice. Knowing that there was no way out of this, Jungkook came out from his hiding place with a sheepish smile on his face. Relief washed over the boy's face as soon as he saw Jungkook's face.

"Oh, it's just you. Crap, I was scared for a moment."

Jimin heaved a sigh of relief as soon as he saw his bestfriend step out from behind the bushes. Jungkook just looked around him, trying not to look at him.

"Hey, since you were here all this time I supposed, did you maybe saw who left the fruit tart here? This is really good."

Jimin questioned Jungkook with his mouth full of crumbs from the tart that Jungkook had made for him. This only caused Jungkook to panic even more as he started fiddling with the ends of his shirt.

Having heard no answer from the younger boy, Jimin adverted his eyes from the unfinished tart and straight at Jungkook, confused as to why Jungkook was refusing to answer him. Realisation soon dawned on him after a few minutes of thinking.

"Wait! Don't tell me..."

Fear gripped Jungkook's heart as he held his breath.

"You're in cahoots with the perpetrator?"

Obvious relief could be seen flooding Jungkook's face, but as usual, Jimin overlooked that small detail.

"What a traitor! You are supposed to be helping me..."

Jimin whined as he stormed off back into his house. Jungkook silently followed behind.

"Jungkook! Make yourself comfortable, and please pardon Jimin's childish behavior, even though he is suppose to be the older one."

Jimin's mum said with a laugh as she stepped out from the kitchen. Jungkook greeted her and let out a laugh at her statement before excusing himself to Jimin's bedroom.