12

Jimin took in a breath of fresh air.

Rows and rows of tall buildings stood before him as their ever-so bright colours seemed to scream at him. People were strolling past the building he stood on, leisurely, completely in the dark of the tragedy that is going to unfold in just a few minutes.

5 more minutes...

Hues of orange, almost tangerine, streaked across the sky as the sun was starting to set. Cotton-like clouds decorated the sky and silhouettes' of birds could be seen as they flew home. Jimin was mesmerized by the beautiful sight before him. His lips held a semblance of a smile as his eyes stayed glued to the amber ball of fire that was decending further and further behind the tall skyscrapers.

'Please spare me just a few more minutes...'

He whispered silently in his heart, trying to stay in that moment for as long as he could. And at that moment, Jimin swore he had never seen a sky as beautiful before.

4 more minutes...

Jimin shut his eyes tight as he clasped his hands together, saying his last prayer in his heart. He prayed for forgiveness for making a choice like this, without giving others a chance to convince him that there are other ways to solve this problem. He prayed that his friends will finally be able to see this problem from his point of view and finally understand why he made this choice.

A lone tear escaped from the corner of his eye and trickled down his face. A pang in his heart reminded him again of how lonely and lost he felt for the past few years. Lonely, because he couldn't bare to tell his friends about his petty problems and burden them with it. Lost, because he did not know how to face it himself. He reached up and grasped on tightly to the spot on his t-shirt, right above his heart.

'I had no choice.'

And that's when the rest of his tears came flowing down too.

3 more minutes...

A blurry vision greeted him as he opened his eyes to glance up at the orange sky once more.

'This is it. My pain shall finally be liberated.'

That ever-so beautiful thought ran through Jimin's mind as he sobbed pitifully at the sky. Slowly, one foot in front of another, he inched closer to the ledge of the building. His heart hammered urgently against his chest as his fear of heights slowly starts creeping into his heart. Glancing over the ledge, the intimidating height shot a spike of fear through his body, and he stood frozen with the fear spreading to even his limbs.

"I can do this," he muttered under his breath and took another deep breath.

Then, one foot after the other, he slowly climbed up onto the ledge.

2 more minutes...

Jimin looked down at the beautiful sight in front of him once more, trying to capture every beautiful shot of this city, which he had grown to love over the years of living there. He could see the café he visited daily for his daily dose of caffine. He could see the bakery where he buys his bread from every Sunday without fail. He could see his school where he had experienced the best 4 years of his life, filled with laughter, joy and happiness. And lastly, he could see his boyfriend's home, the home which he had left not too long ago.

Yes, his boyfriend.

Jimin really hopes that his boyfriend will finally be able to find a person who will do a much better job at being a devoted lover.

One more minute...

Jimin closed his eyes and lifted his arms like a bird that is going to take off. The corner of his lips inched upwards as he felt the cool breeze caressed his face and body.

30 seconds...

He said his last goodbyes to his friends and family, wishing for them to live a good life, even if he's gone.

It's finally time.

Jimin let's out a slow breath, before tipping himself forward, and over the edge.

'Goodbye...'

~

Jungkook woke up with a start, chest heaving as he breathed in and out heavily, as though he had just ran a marathon. Shock and disbelief starts to sits in as he replayed the suicide scene in his head once more.

It felt real.

Too real.

"Oh you're awake?" Jimin asked, surprised, as he looked over to Jungkook who's lying on the couch.

Jungkook glanced right back with worried eyes, and quickly shot up from the couch, hurrying over to Jimin's side in 2 long strides, before engulfing him in a tight hug.

"What's wrong with you? Did you already miss me?" Jimin asked lightheartedly as he let's out a chuckle at how clingy Jungkook suddenly was.

Jungkook just clinged on tighter onto Jimin and shut his eyes tight, a sigh of relief escaping his lips.

'Yes, hyung is here. Jimin hyung is still here with me.'