10

Suspicion clouded his eyes as he eyed his ajar locker door. Having remembered shutting the door and even went as far as checking the lock twice to make sure that it was locked properly, he was still unable to comprehend the fact that his door was opened. Gingerly, he stuck out a hand and gently pulled the door open a little wider.

A flash of pink fell out and landed on the floor with a soft thud. Curiosity gnawed at him as he bent over to take a closer look at it.

A pleasant scent of fresh strawberries invaded his nostrils as he picked the fallen object up and held it close to his nose.

  Strange.

It smelt particularly familiar, but he just could not put a finger on it. Without another thought, he unfolded the paper with care as the anticipation in him grew.

His eyes widened as he drank in every word on the paper, that were written neatly with small hearts drawn at the end of each sentence. It’s really amazing what a simple love poem written on scented paper could do to him. His heart pounded fiercely against his chest as the colour red gradually tinted his face and the tips of his ears. Holding a hand over his beating chest, he felt the ends of lips slowly pulled upwards and into a full-blown smile. A swarm of butterflies tickled the insides of his tummy as he felt the stress from the overbearing amount of homework he received that day slowly dissipated. Just then, a pair of arms sneakily wrapped around his torso as light kisses were peppered onto his neck. The letter slipped from his hands as he let out a startled gasp. 

“I love you, Kookie-ah,” a soft whisper made its way into his ear. He felt his body shuddered in pleasure and quickly turned on his feet to pull his affectionate lover into a tight hug. The smile on his face only grew bigger as he let out a sigh of contentment.

“I love you too, hyung.”