Chapter 4

"I want to watch a movie!" Ashton whined.

"What movie?" Luke questioned. It was around twelve and Michael and Calum had fallen asleep.

"A scary movie!"

Luke grunted. He's such a pussy in scary movies, it's unreal.

Ashton loved scary movies enough, but the fact that he gets to sit next to Luke for an hour on a couch in the dark thrilled him. He knows Luke would be scared, and then Luke will be scared and hopefully want to sleep in Ashton's bed.

"Fine. Do we have any?"

"Uhm... we have Insidious, The Collection, Hills have Eyes."

"What about... The Collection?"

"That's fine," Ashton lifted himself from the floor and walked to the t.v.

Luke knew that Ashton would want popcorn- who doesn't want popcorn when watching a new horror movie? He pulled out the extra buttery jiffy-pop and turned the stove on.

"You do want popcorn right?" Luke called out.

"Yeah!" Ashton shouted. He walked into the kitchen and leaned against the island. He wanted so desperately to wrap his arms around Luke's waist, but that's wrong. But Ashton can't get rid of the urge to hug Luke from behind and hide his face in the back of Luke's neck. So instead of doing something he'd regret, he just walks back into the living room and lays on the couch.

-

Halfway into the movie Luke was scared out of his mind.

"Shit," he cursed for the thousandth time.

Ashton laughed, "You're such a pussy!"

"Am not." Luke argued.

Ashton had his legs propped against a stool so he was laying vertically. Luke was laying parallel to Ashton. They both had a fluffy blanket that Luke was mainly cuddled into.

"Are too."

"You're an asshole."

Ashton laughed, "Am not."

"Are too." Luke grinned as he looked up at Ashton.

And then Ashton did it.

He leaned in.

Stop it, Ashton.

But he couldn't. He didn't. Not until their lips touched.

It sent chills down Ashton's spine. When he pulled away he looked into Luke's eyes for some type of emotion. But the once blue eyes were gray.

The eyes that had once held excitement now held nothing but emptiness.

The kiss was probably the best thing that's ever happened to Ashton. But now Luke was left immensely confused.

"I have to go to bed." Luke mumbled as he shoved the blankets off. He slowly got off the couch and walked to his room.

What just happened?

-

Luke didn't sleep that night. How could he? First he was watching a move with Ashton and then Ashton...

kissed him.

There was no possible explanation as to why Ashton kissed Luke. Luke tried making up scenarios but he knew he was just lying to himself.

How will he face Ashton tomorrow?

How will he act around Ashton?

How will Ashton face Luke?

Ashton sat in the living room until three in the morning. He ended up crying to himself until he fell asleep on the couch.

-

Michael walked out his room and into the kitchen. Why wasn't Luke making breakfast? Why wasn't Luke even awake? They have a show tonight and everyone is asleep. Great.

He went into the living to find Ashton asleep on the couch. His eyes were red and his cheeks were damp.

"Ashton, get up."

Ashton groaned and rubbed his eyes. When he opened them the memories of last night flashed before him.

"Where's Calum?" He croaked.

"Still asleep I guess. Where's Luke? Why is he still asleep? What did you guys do last night?"

Ashton shrugged, "Can we go get breakfast please?"

"Uh, yeah sure."

Ashton got off the couch and walked to the car with a confused Michael following.

When they peeled out of the driveway Calum awoke. He went downstairs and looked out the window.

"Where the hell are they going," he mumbled to himself.

Calum returned back upstairs to go to Luke's room.

"Lukey? You awake?"

Luke didn't say anything. He just continued to stare at the wall with a blank expression.

"What's wrong?" Calum edged himself to Luke's bed.

"He kissed me," Luke whispered.

Calum wasn't sure if he was talking to himself or if Luke has gone mad. Luke's back was facing Calum and his front was facing the wall.

"What did you say?"

"He kissed me," Luke repeated.

"Who kissed you?"

"Him."

Calum was confused. Did Luke even like boys? Who was him?

-

"I kissed Luke last night." Ashton confessed.

Michael nearly choked on his drink, "You what? Why? What happened? What did he do? Why?"

"Michael, calm down. We were watching a movie last night and uh.. uhm..." Ashton wiped furiously at his eyes.

"Ash," Michael felt sad for Ashton. He didn't pity Ashton, but he did feel bad.

"I shouldn't have done it, I know. But I just couldn't help it. It's like... All I want is Luke, you know? Every minute of every hour of everyday. And last night, when he looked at me, it seemed so perfect. And now he probably hates me. He's probably disgusted."

"He's not disgusted," Michael assured. "And I'll be damned if he doesn't feel the same way. It may take him a minute, but he will."

"You think?"

"I know."