Chapter 17

Luke wakes up feeling full. He always. Feels. Full.

And he misses Ashton. They couldn't FaceTime due to Ashton's little brother, sister, and mother wanting to spend so much time with him.

Luke kind of misses what it's like too have siblings. He hasn't talked to his two brothers in ages. He also not exactly sure why, he has their numbers, but he just figured they wouldn't want to talk to him.

So Luke pulls out his phone to text Ashton.

Luke:

Hey, you think we could FaceTime tonight?

But that wasn't right for some reason so he didn't send it.

Luke:

Hey.

Then Luke debates if he should actually get out of bed or stay for another hour. It's ten, so he should probably get up. Everyone else is probably awake. And he still has to talk to his mum.

So he gets out of bed and goes downstairs to see Joy doing dishes.

"Hey mum, can we talk?" Luke glanced over at Calum and Mali Koa who were arguing over something. "In private?"

She's suspicious but says, "Yeah, sure, Luke."

She turns the faucet off, dries her hands, then she walks into her bedroom with Luke. He's shaky, she notices.

He shuts the door behind them and takes a deep breathe. It's too late too turn back- he has too say it now.

But he can't. What's the best way too tell your mum that you haven't eaten a good meal for seven months? He can show her, but that's scary. Should he?

Luke can't do this alone so he yells for Calum.

Calum comes running in, "Yeah?"

"I can't tell her. I need you." Like can't breathe so he's kind of panting

Calum nods. Just do it. Luke needs you. Look your mum in the eye and tell her.

It was hard but he had to say it, "Luke's... He's anorexic."

Joy didn't believe them at first. It was too crazy to believe. Her own son? No. But then she took a good look at him.

His clothes were too large. The sweater she bought him fit perfectly two years ago. Now it's like an eight-year-old in an extra large sweater. How did she not notice?

So then she starts to cry, which makes Luke cry, which makes Calum cry.

Joy tells Mali Koa, who gets up to hug Luke for a really long time.

Now everyone knows.

Everyone but their fans, who are cutely oblivious. And Luke knows he should tell them, but it was hard enough to tell his mum.

Luke hears his phone ring so he pulls it out of his back pocket.

Ashton:

Hey babe, I miss you. Wanna go get a drink tonight? :)

Luke texts back quickly:

I'd love too.

Ashton:

Great, I'll pick you up at eight. I love you.

Luke knows Ashton wants to have drinks with Luke, but Luke won't have any drinks. He's gonna end up being the designated driver

-

Ashton was, without a doubt, smashed. He could hardly talk and he definitely couldn't walk. To him, everything was a blur. So blurry that he couldn't see who he was talking too.