Chapter 15

Do you want to go to dinner with me?

It sounded so simple in Ashton's head. Nine simple words with twenty five simple letters and ten simple syllables.

But in all the time Ashton could be saying this he was counting out the sentence in his head.

Stop stalling.

1...

2...

3...

He knocks on the door.

Quick and easy.

Here it goes.

"Hello?" Luke said on the other side.

"Hey, can I come in? I gotta ask you something."

Time is ticking slower and slower, Ashton swears it. It takes about seventeen seconds for Luke to crawl out of bed, check his hair, fix his clothes, and open the door. It takes three seconds for Ashton to rush into the room.

Luke shut the door behind him, "Are you alright?"

No, Ashton's not alright right now. His nerves are shaking and he's never been so nervous in his life.

There's only two answers Luke can say. Unfortunately, one of those is a negative reply and means Ashton will be eating dinner alone.

C'mon. Ask him.

Ashton tried to play it off cool so he chuckled, "Well I was wondering..."

Luke knows where this is going. For a split moment everything stops and Luke thinks about how he's going to reply. Should he go on a date with Ashton? It's just a date (he thinks), and it's the least he could do after Ashton constantly helping him.

"Would you like to have dinner with me tonight?"

"I have dinner with you every night, silly."

Luke was stalling.

"Not like that, I meant- like a date? I guess... I don't know." Ashton scratched the back of his head nervously.

Luke took a deep breathe, "No."

Ashton stared up at Luke like a sad puppy, "Really?"

"No," Luke repeated. He scooted so close to Ashton that he could smell his breathe. "I would love to have dinner with you."

Luke pressed his lips against Ashton's. This kiss lasted a small two seconds before Ashton's cheesy grin stopped him.

"You're such an asshole," Ashton giggled.

-

Ashton's been gone for about an hour while Luke starts getting ready.

What is he supposed to wear? Hopefully something casual, considering that's what Ashton left in.

Luke digs around in his closet for his Mayday Parade shirt. He puts that on with a black tank top underneath. Then he puts on white skinny jeans and black Vans.

His hair laid flat on his face, looking extremely greasy.

I should've taken a shower last night.

Luke puts a small amount of gel in his hair so it will hold up. Maybe he should go get his hair wet? Yeah, he definitely should.

So Luke runs out of his bedroom and into the bathroom. He puts his head in the sink and turns the faucet on.

When his hair was soaked he put a small amount if shampoo in it, so it would look less oily.

Then he blow dries his hair into the shape that he wants it and goes back to his room.