Chapter 8

They found out. They know. They all stared at him, expecting an answer.

-

Luke scrolled up and down on twitter, reading all the tweets of everyone calling him fat and ugly. Of course he saw the one's of fans defending him, but those didn't matter. Those were just people trying to get Luke to follow them.

"Guys I'm bored!" Michael said mono-tone.

"What are we supposed to do about it?" Calum asked.

"Entertain me."

"You're in a band, on tour with One Direction, on break actually, and you're bored?" Ashton asked.

"If it helps I am too." Luke chimed in.

They all sighed in sync.

@Luke5SOS you're the ugliest member of the band

@Luke5Sos you should start puking up your food so you don't make the band look bad

I already do.

Luke took a glance at his legs that had been flattened by the sofa.

They are big.

His hands were big, his arms were big. Everything was so big.

What's wrong with his diet? Why hasn't been working? He's had one egg for a whole two weeks. And before that, he had a glass of chocolate milk for a whole two weeks.

Everything else was water.

I can't survive off nothing.

"Whatcha thinkin' bout Luke?"

Luke jumped and looked at Michael, "Huh? Oh, nothing."

Michael didn't believe him, of course, but he didn't press it. Luke will open up later.

"Okay. So what are we going to do this fine evening?" Calum asked.

"There's not a lot to do," Luke said. He really doesn't want to do anything.

"We can go get something to eat." Michael suggest.

No.

"We always get something to eat, we need something more fun to do." Luke argued. He doesn't want to do anything besides lay and contemplate on his weight.

"We can go swimming?" Calum had said.

Can't do that either. Luke would fill up the whole pool.

"Can we not?" He said sharply.

"Damn Lucas," Ashton giggled. "What do you not not want to do?"

"I don't know," He said plainly.

"We could go for a walk."

Walking? Walking is good.

-

All four boys piled through the front door. Sweat dripped down their spines and forheads. They ran around four blocks on account of a dare that Calum had set.

"I call first shower!" Luke yelled.

Everyone moaned and tried to beat Luke up the stairs. He quickly shut and locked the door, and leaned against it. His breathes come out as pants and his shoulders were going up and down. He couldn't stop grinning as he plugged his iPod into the speakers and turned on the water.

This time he had many reasons to smile.

1.) He had definately lost weight over the run so he's not even going to worry about weighing himself tonight.

2.) He had a really fun time with the boys. He didn't have to hide in his hollow shell.

"I need another story
Something to get off my chest
my life gets kind of boring
that's something that I can confess."

Luke didn't worry about looking in the mirror and listening to the demons that lied in the deep depths of Luke's mind.

" 'Til my sleeves are stained red
From all the truth that I said
Come by it honestly I swear
Thought you saw me wink, no
I've been on the brink, so
Tell me what you want to hear
Something that will light those ears
I'm sick of all the insincere
So I'm gonna give all my secrets away"

The song blasted through Luke's ears and out of his mouth until he began to frantically look around for his clothes.

"Shit," he cursed. He was too busy and in a rush to get to the bathroom to get to his room and grab his sweats.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck." He repeated multiple times.

He peeked his head out of the bathroom door and let out a sigh of relief when he saw one.

Just one quick jump to get to his room.

One quick jump.

Luke hastily wrapped the small towel around his waist. This is the absolute scariest, most frightening moment of his life.

But he jumped.

He jumped and he made it. He shut the door and smiled with relief. He made it to his room and now he doesn't have to worry.

Ashton didn't know Luke was worrying though. He had no idea that when he ran upstairs and opened Luke's door he would see something that would scar his mind forever.

Because he saw Luke standing there with a small towel wrapped around his waist, every bone sticking out of his body.

Luke's skin was so tight. He was so small- so skinny. His ankles were too fucking tiny. His wrist were too thin. His arms were bony and his stomach was hollow.

How had Ashton not noticed?

"Shit," Ashton mumbled. "Luke..."

"Get out, please." Luke whispered.

Ashton was looking at Luke and he see's everything. Luke's towel just barely covered his legs so is stomach was just out in the open.

Ashton knew what he saw, and it was fucking scary.

Luke thought he knew what Ashton saw, and it was fucking scary.

Luke was so scrawny. His ribs jolted out of his body. Ashton wanted to touch Luke, to reach out and hug him, to kiss Luke and make everything better. But he couldn't. He can't.

"Get out." Luke warned again.

So Ashton slowly walked out. He walked downstairs, tears threatening to fall.

"Ash, what's wrong?" Michael got off the couch to go to Ashton's side. He wrapped his arms around Ashton's chest, but Ashton didn't hug back. He just stood there with his arms hanging down.

"Did you know?" He whispered.

"Know what?" Michael was looking at the top of Ashton's head with his eyebrows furrowed meanwhile Calum was sitting on the couch, curiousity keeping him at the edge.

"Luke... he's too skinny."