Chapter 20

...Are you sure you want to read the very last chapter? I just can't believe this is the end, man. Did ya know this was written November 21?

-

Luke adjusts his suit in the mirror.

Funeral time.

He's greeted downstairs by Calum and Michael who look almost as bad as Luke. They had to call Lou so she could make him look slightly better than what he did.

The bags under his eyes are slightly less noticeable and his face isn't as pale.

Michael is always pale, but she put some make up on him as well. The only thing she had to fix on Calum was the red in his eyes and the bags.

The only thing Luke can think about is when Ashton truly died. Everyone in the room was crying when the monitor flat lined. That was the first time Luke went into that room.

The cab ride to the church was quiet. Luke distanced himself from the two boys. He hardly talks too them and it's been a weeks since he's eaten anything. That anything was just a donut.

The church was packed. So many people loved Ashton. His mum was getting hugs as she was crying.

Luke feels something tug at his pants. He looks down and realizes it's Ashton's younger brother.

"Hi, Harry." Luke gets down on one knee so they could be the same height.

"Hi. Were you my brothers boyfriend?"

Luke feels like he was shot in the chest. The air was just completely knocked out of him.

"I am, yes." Luke nodded quickly. "Why do you ask?"

"I was just curious. He talked about you a lot when he came home, it was fun. "

But then Ashton's mum called him.

"Bye, Luke." Harry waved.

"Bye." Luke said as Harry wondered off.

They walked around, meeting new people and shaking their hands. Old friends, distant family, close family, they were all there.

And they all said the same thing.

"He really loved you."

"Are you the boy he talks about? He was so in love with you."

It was something along the lines of that, or how his eyes lit up when he talked about or saw Luke.

But now Ashton's dead.

There was a women that Luke had never seen in her life.

He doesn't know what possessed him into talking to a stranger, but he's at a funeral. What's the worst to happen?

"Hi, I'm Luke."

She smiled, "Jacky."

"If you don't mind my asking, how did you know Ashton?"

"I was his therapist actually."

Luke furrowed his eyebrows, "Therapist? I had no idea Ashton had a therapist. Why?"

"Yes he did. Ashton didn't really like to mention his counseling because he thought it was embarrassing. I just recently saw him around a month ago."

"What does Ashton need a counselor for?"

"Well, I'm supposed to keep it in secret, but he loved you and I know he wouldn't mind me telling.
Ashton was picked on in high school, and everything was escalated from there."