SUMMARY

STRANGER

We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love

We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.
Aemon Targaryen

•••

In the spring-time of 2016, Maia Sanders was content in where her life was heading. At just twenty-two years old, she already had her future planned out. She was to get married to her fiancé, Derek, in just a few months and she was working her dream job as a kindergarten teacher after graduating from college. Everything was going perfectly, and Maia was sure nothing could mess it up.

To celebrate their wedding coming up, Derek's parents had surprised the couple with a short, three-day trip for Washington to relax before the big day. They had happily obliged and Maia couldn't wait to celebrate three days in a small bed-and-breakfast with her fiancé. On an early morning walk during her vacation, Maia happened upon a field that contained a tree with a special spiritual connection, as described on the plaque next to it, and before she can catch herself, her whole vision turned black.

What was a modern-day girl to do when waking up in a world full of swords, never-ending winter, and several families vying for a throne to rule all? Try to get back to her own time as soon as possible.

Maia was always a planner for her future, but even she couldn't have predicted to form bonds with people of the Seven Kingdoms.

And thus, here is the tragic love story of Maia Sanders and Jon Snow.

CAST

DIANNA AGRON
AS MAIA SANDERS
the traveler

DIANNA AGRON AS MAIA SANDERSthe traveler

KIT HARINGTON
AS JON SNOW
the white wolf

TAYLOR LAUTNER AS DEREK SWANSONthe theorist

TAYLOR LAUTNER
AS DEREK SWANSON
the theorist

TAYLOR LAUTNER AS DEREK SWANSONthe theorist

SHIP VIDEO

© stxrmborn

This is a fan fiction for HBO's Game of Thrones. It is primarily focused on the television show, not the books. Not all events in this are true to the canon or TV show/books. This story is a fast burn.

DISCLAIMER: 1) I DO NOT own any of the original Game of Thrones characters that are mentioned in this story; these belong to HBO/George R. R. Martin. 2) Plot was heavily inspired by Starz' Outlander. 3) Some quotes in this are taken from the original Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. I DO NOT own those quotes. 4) I also DO NOT own any dialogue taken from the Game of Thrones television show. 5) I own my original characters, Maia Sanders and Derek Swanson, some of the plot, and the Traveler subculture (of which I have weaved into Westerosi culture).

WARNINGS: This story features cursing, violence, sexual themes, character deaths, and triggering topics (i.e. sexual assault). Do not read if you are uncomfortable with those.

FRENCH TRANSLATION: This story is being translated into French by lonelynaomi. Check it out here: https://www.wattpad.com/story/123915595-%C3%A9trang%C3%A8re-jon-snow-traduction-fran%C3%A7aise

SLOVAK TRANSLATION: This story is being translated into Slovak by _adk__. Check it out here: https://www.wattpad.com/story/119165000-stranger-jon-snow-slovak-translation

NOTE: Some characters from my other GoT stories might show up in this story. It's not necessary to read those other stories to then read this, but if you want to learn more about those characters, then I suggest reading the stories they are featured in! All of my GoT stories are connected and exist in the same universe, as they are part of the Rare Women Series, but you do not need to read them in order.

BOOK I: Season 5
BOOK II: Season 6
BOOK III: Season 7

•••

A/N (from 2017): If you're reading this, welcome to my first Game of Thrones fan fiction. Prepare for the emo tears!!!1!

In all seriousness, I write this new author's note now a year since I first posted this, and I've never been more proud of this story. I hold it very near to my heart and it has opened so many doors for me. I've made so many friends because of this story. I love these characters and their relationships too much, and I hope you will too.

There is so much that goes on in this story that I can't wait for you to read. From love to loss to destiny, I'm so stoked for any first-hand readers to read about Maia's adventure. This is so stupid and cheesy idek, but this ends up being more than just the "normal girl gets put in a TV show" story. Oooooh bOI, do you have a lot to discover fam

This idea was really inspired by the show, Outlander, on Starz and I decided that show would work well with Game of Thrones too. (And if you haven't watched Outlander, I highly recommend it!)

HAPPY READING!

( made by luciangemini )