THIRTY FOUR

CHAPTER 34 | WOLVES AND GIRLS

WARNING: CHAPTER CONTAINS TRIGGERING SCENES

"WHERE IS SHE?"

Jon looked around at his party. The group of four looked around at each other in confusion. He asked again, "Where is she?" They surrounded the village square of Bear Island, the locals staring at them as they passed. Jon's party was causing a commotion, but he didn't care at all, because they still had one missing member as the minutes ticked on.

He grabbed Tormund's collar, spitting in his face, "You were watching her. Where did she go?"

"First of all, let me go." The Wildling shoved Jon's hands away, releasing a huff. "Secondly, I went off to take a piss. Now, I admit: that was pretty stupid of me, but when a man has to –"

"GET TO THE POINT!"

Tormund looked down at his feet. "I couldn't get to her in time. The Boltons – they took her. Put a sack over her head and threw her in a carriage."

Jon closed his eyes, realizing he was suddenly breathing heavily. He put a hand over his heart and tried to control it. This couldn't be happening – oh, but it was. The villagers surrounding them were suddenly too much, and Jon felt the space in front of him growing smaller and smaller.

Sansa laid a hand on his shoulder. "Jon, look at me." She ordered, seeing his eyes rise a moment later. "You need to stay calm. The only way we will be able to get through this is to stay calm."

She began to look at their group, watching all of their faces contort as they thought out a plan. "I do not know why Ramsay took Lady Maia, or found out our location. My guess is that his idiotic guards thought Maia was I and the Umbers are keeping watch on us, so we must be more quiet in our gathering. We now have the Mormonts on our side and we have to move onto the Glovers before they follow us again."

The party nodded quickly as Sansa pointed to the Onion Knight. "Ser Davos, you know the way to Deepwood Motte. I want you and a few men to ride to Winterfell. Do not – I repeat, do not – attack. Wait him out. Once he realizes his guards have done wrong, he'll keep her for a couple hours for intimidation, though I know he'll release her. He'll do it to scare you, but don't attack. The real battle is ahead, and then we'll have Rickon back as well."

Jon gaped at his step-sister, hoping her words were right. Their group nodded their heads until Davos moved to collect a couple men. Sansa was confident. She knew this would work. She knew Ramsay.

Sooner or later, he would get everything that came to him.

•••

The bag was finally ripped from the top of her head as she was thrown to a cold, stone floor. Maia looked up to the two men closing a barred gate in front of her. Sweat coated her forehead as she instantly stood, wringing her hands on the bars and hoping they'd break. "LET ME OUT!" She shrieked.