FIFTY SIX

CHAPTER 56 | THE DEAD

DOTHRAKI soldiers opened the large doors to the great throne room of Dragonstone

DOTHRAKI soldiers opened the large doors to the great throne room of Dragonstone. Maia looked above her, admiring the ancient carvings and tapestry of the castle. It was truly mesmerizing, especially the way the builders carved dragons into the ceiling, as if they were snaking up above. Maia then stared ahead of her, almost doubling over at the woman who sat before them.

Maia clutched Jon's arm quickly. Daenerys Targaryen sat in the throne of Dragonstone, waiting for them with fire in her eyes. Jon stared at her and swallowed the lump in his throat. Maia couldn't believe she was seeing the dragon queen before her eyes; a woman she had only seen on her TV screen in her world. Everything was so much more real now. With hair that glowed a bright silver and lilac eyes, she was the definition of beauty. Anyone could see that.

"You stand in the presence of Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen," Missandei introduced as she stood beside her queen. "Rightful heir to the Iron Throne; Rightful Queen of the Andals and the First Men; Protector of the Seven Kingdoms; the Mother of Dragons; Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea; the Unburnt; the Breaker of Chains."

Jon met the eyes of Davos and Maia. The blonde's eyes went wide and she shrugged. "This is Jon Snow," Davos introduced.

Daenerys waited hesitantly.

"He's King in the North," Maia added with a nod.

Daenerys' bright lilac eyes landed on Maia. "And who might you be?"

"This is Maia Sanders," Davos gestured to her with his chin. "She wrote to you."

"What do you do?"

Davos viewed at Maia, who shrugged again. "Well, she knows how to use a bow and arrow now," he said, "and she's – uh – the Traveler, I guess."

Maia's hand immediately shot out to hit Davos in the chest. He looked to her in disbelief. "You can't be telling everyone that!" She whispered loudly.

Daenerys cleared her throat, diverting the attention to herself. "Thank you for traveling so far, my lord. I hope the seas weren't too rough." She then held her hand up. "And no need to worry, my lady, for a little bird has already told me of your title, and the reputation of your supposed house."

Maia's mouth opened slightly in shock. Her brow furrowed, but she tried not to show too much of an expression. How did she know? There was only person who could've told her, and that person was sent into exile months ago.

"Winds were kind, Your Grace," Jon replied.

"Apologies," Davos interrupted, "I have a Flea Bottom accent, I know. But Jon Snow is King in the North, Your Grace, not a lord."

Dany cocked her head to the side. "Forgive me –"

"Your Grace," Tyrion added, giving her a glance. "This is Ser Davos Seaworth."