The new guy

I have never thought about guys. I have never been worried about them. My plan was to graduate and get a job and then maybe settle down. I never imagined falling in love was so easy.

I was a finally a freshman. I was so happy to be in high school with my best friend Courtlynn. As for Court, she was terrified. Courtlynn has dark brown hair, green eyes, and a very kind smile. Me, I am quite the opposite. I have long blonde hair, bright brown eyes, and I don't smile often with my teeth. Anyway, it was the day we started high school. I was so thrilled. "Ready, hon," my mother said. "Yes, but can we pick Court up?" I asked kindly. "No, she isn't going today, she got sick somehow," my mother responded. I knew that was a lie, she just didn't want to go. After about fifteen minutes of driving, we got to my school, Middlebrooke High School. The worst school in the state of Oregon.

I walked inside and I was amazed. Everything looked so much better than the middle school. I looked around everywhere to find Court, but I never did. I continued on and I turned around to see if she was behind me, and I ran into somebody's locker. "Hey, I'm sorry, are you alright?" A guy asked. "I'm fine," I replied staring in his bright blue eyes. "I'm Jonah," he said. "Hi, I'm Violet," I responded. He smiled at me. "That's really awesome," he said. "I have to go, but it was great meeting you Violet," he said walking away. He was the nicest looking guy I've ever seen. His perfect blonde hair flipped in his face and you could see his beautiful blue eyes and perfect smile.

After that incident, I headed to my first class, health. We talked about underage drinking and drugs and blah, blah, blah. I already know not to do this stuff.

I continued my schedule until it was lunch time, he walked into the cafeteria and came to me. "You're a freshman?" He asked. "Yeah... Aren't you?" I responded. "No, actually I'm a senior," he said. He walked away laughing with his friends. I was quite disappointed to hear that he was older. After lunch I headed to art. The P.E. kids were in there so, they just sat with who they wanted. Jonah walked over towards me. He pulled up a chair and noticed my painting. "This is great," he said. I smiled. We continued having a nice conversation until he asked for my number. Of course, I gave it to him. After school, I started walking home, until Jonah came up to me and asked if I wanted a ride, I immediately hopped into his nice red car. "So where is your house?" He asked. "Just about fifteen miles from here," I declared. We sat I the car playing twenty questions until I got home. "You're really fun to talk to," he said. "You too," I replied. He held my hand for a moment before saying goodbye. "Vi, is that you?" My mother asked. "Yes Mom," I responded. "Okay, we are having guests over for dinner," she replied. "Who, who?" I asked. "The new neighbors," she said. I walked upstairs to find something nice to wear. I put on a dark blue dress and did my make-up nicely.

After an hour, they arrived. It was a woman, a man, and maybe their son. "Violet, meet Mr. And Mrs. Santiago, and their son Kit," my mother said. His parents shook my hand, but he stood
there with a cold expression. Don't get me wrong, he was hot, but in a stalker kind of way. He had dark brown hair, light brown eyes, almost green, and an unforgettable face.

My mother cooked turkey for the Santiago's. They absolutely loved it. "So Kit, what school do you go to?" My mother asked. "I think Middlebrooke High," Kit responded. His voice was voice was deep and so sexy but not too deep. He seemed strange though.

My mother made a joke, and he laughed so loud and his smile popped out, he was so hot. Every now and again, I would see him looking at me. I tried to look good, but he would laugh at me. "Why don't you kids go hang in your room?" My mother asked. We went upstairs almost immediately. He sat on my bed while I put some music on. "So, are you mean or just look that way?" I asked. He laughed. "I just give off cold stares to people just to scare them." I laughed. He joined in laughing. We decided to play twenty questions. "What's something nobody knows?" I asked. "I am in love with listening to music," he responded. "Doesn't everybody?" I asked. "Well, nobody ever sees me doing it," he replied. I laughed. We hung out and got to know each other for a while. He was actually really great. "Kit, we are going to leave before it gets too late," his mother said. He started for the door and turned around. "Sorry, it was great to meet you, Violet," he said. "Yeah, you too, Kit," I replied. Our eyes met for a few seconds before he walked away.

I immediately called Courtlynn and told her about my day. "Two hot guys?" She asked. "Yes, and they are both seniors," I responded. She gasped. "Girl, I will certainly be going tomorrow," she said. I laughed. "Hey, I have to go, but call me if you need anything, love you," she said. "Love you too," I replied. She hung up. (In case you're wondering they say love you because what if something happens to them, that would be the best last words.) After that I started getting ready for bed. I layed in bed thinking about Jonah. However, Kit came in and interrupted my thoughts about Jonah. I fell asleep with such a big and happy smile.

A/N

Sorry if there are grammar mistakes, this is kind of a long story. I hope you enjoy. I certainly enjoy writing it. 🤗 Have a great day, loves!!!