Thinking about the Blue

The rest of the day you continued to think about the incident in the hallway. Richard Grayson... the name sounded familiar, but you didn't remember were you heard it before. You didn't really listen to what the teacher said, instead you were drawing eyes in your notebook. His eyes. His beautiful, blue eyes... Ofcourse you didn't think that what you had drawn looked like his eyes and at the end of the lesson you erased quickly everything. You couldn't allow yourself to hope something that would never happen, and you began to feel a little bit sad.

You stood up, shaking the feeling of of you. Your face started hurting from the punch of that a-hole, so you went to the toilets. You looked at yourself in the mirror and saw the beginning of a bruise. You sighted 'I can already see my mom freaking out about this..' . You took your make-up and tried to hide it as good as possible. You inspected your face, looking at all the details: there were so many thing you didn't like about yourself, especially when you compared yourself to other people.

You went to your locker and you noticed that you were slowing down 'Maybe I'll see Him again? No, that's ridiculous, I never have such luck' You sped up and went home. Just when you wanted to leave the gates, you saw him. He stepped in a black car, an old man was holding the door for him. Even from this distance you could see that the car was probably very expensive. You continued your way home. Knowing that he was rich, you were sure that would never have any chance.

*Time skip*

It was late in the evening, but you just couldn't sleep. You tried really hard, but you just couldn't stop wishing that you knew Richard Grayson better. But no, he was a Wayne (you had done some research ;)   ) and he surely had better things to do than being around someone like you, a nobody.

You decided to go outside, on the roof, to clear your thoughts. You sneaked past your parents' room and went upstairs. When you finally arrived on the roof, your sat in your favorite spot: you could see the whole city, hear the echoes of cars, people... You could feel that Gotham was alive, pulsating with life, with dreams and hopes. You closed your mind and focussed on the sounds around you. It was cold, but you didn't mind - it's was a nice feeling that sent shivers down your spine. You slowly breathed in and out and you felt your breathe slow down. You were falling asleep, but then you felt the presence of somebody else.

You quickly got up and looked around, not sure what to do. You started to panic a little bit, but told yourself to calm down. You approached the edge of the roof to get a better view, but still didn't see anyone.  There was a sound of police sirensirens and you would almost swear that you could feel the city being alerted by the sudden commotion. You closed your eyes and listened carefully and, to your suprise, you could hear someone breathing very sofly, a that someone wasn't you. You slowly turned around, your heart started to beat faster.

Then, in the shadows, you saw someone.

"W-Who are you?" you didn't know what hes intentions were and you started to get slightly worried.

The person cautiosly stepped out from his hiding place. "Don't be afraid. And please, don't scream."

"Nightwing, like, the actual Nightwing? Wow.." you were suprised. You wouldn't expect to ever be so lucky to meet him, you weren't so special.

"No, I'm a murderer, so you better run."

You tried to hide a grin, but you couldn't stop yourself from smiling like an idiot. "So, what are you doing here, fearsome murderer?"

"I was going to ask the same to you, normal people don't sit on roofs in the middle of the night."

"Well, normal people also don't dress up and hunt the night"

"Touché." You both stood there, not knowig what to say next.

"How does it feel?" you asked after a while.

"How does what feel?"

"How does it feel to be Nightwing. To mean something to the people of the city?"

He stared at you for a long time before answering. You blushed and looked to the ground. "It's a lot of responsability. You sometimes feel alone and you have the feeling that nobody understands you."

You looked at him. He sounded so lonely that moment. He saw you looking at him and quickly changed his expression to a confident one. You almost wouldn't have noticed. You wanted to take a step closer, but quickly changed your mind.

"You have the feeling that you can't talk to anyone about it, afraid that they'll judge you. Maybe even because you're afraid that you don't even know yourself..."You said it really soft, but you would swear that the hero had heard everything.

He wanted to say something, but then a little thing he was carrying in his ear started buzzing. You thought that it probably meant that this conversation was going to end.'Just like everything always ends...'    "I think I should go..." You turned around and when you wanted to go inside, you felt something fly past you.

As he fired off his grabling hook and disappeared in the darkness of the night, he left you with the words "Bye, Y/N..."

Omg, I can't believe that I'm continuing with this. Is it normal, or is it awful? I don't know...   :/   Stay aster!!!