Chapter 5

You woke up with a headache. Not just some dizziness, but a 'god please give me some aspirin' kind of headache. You were lying in a bed, and judging by the sounds from outside, you were still in school, at the infirmary. Slowly you started to remember what happened.
'' Oh god'', you were embarrassed, and  above all, you owned Dick Grayson.

''Of all the people, why did it have to be him... ''

'' I see you're awake''. You looked to your left and saw a pair of blue eyes staring at you.

You couldn't believe it. Not only did he save you from those guys, he even waited for you to wake up. You were so suprised that you didn' t even knew what to say. He saw your shocked expression and smiled: '' How are you feeling? ''  '' Aside from a massive headache i'm surprisingly pretty okay.  How 'bout you? Did you get hurt?''

''Yeah, i' m totally fine, no worries''. He was actually pretty suprised that that was the first thing you thought about.

Although you were ashamed that you haven' t been able to defend yourself, you still wanted to thank the boy. ''Hey... Thank you for helping me out back there, i really appreciate it. Pretty frustrating that i can' t really pay you back for it, hahah'', you smiled sheepishly. He looked at you for a moment and then replied: '' Nah, you don't have to. It was my pleasure to help you out''. He smiled and even winked jokingly. "I couldn' t save everything though..." He grabbed something from under his chair and gave it to you. It was your backback. It was torn and the books in it were too. You sighed, imagining your parents' reaction. You turned to him and tried to keep a positive expression: '' Doesn't matter, i'm  already glad that i got saved by my prince". You jokingly put up a dramatic expression, but not being able to hide your smile, you grinned at him.

He grinned back, totally playing along : "Well, if mylady will allow it, then this prince will gladly accompany her home. ''

You were shocked by his offer, not knowing how to react. Blushing, you answered him: '' you.. You don't have to you know. I mean, not that i don't want to, it just seems like a lot of effort for you. And I wouldn't want you to go through that extra trouble.... I mean, if you insist ofcourse but you really don't have to''. You were a mess, and you knew he noticed ut by that waterfall of words that just came out.

"Hahah, it no trouble though. I' ll just walk you home and then someone will pick me up. Easy-peasy". He stood up and picked up your backpack.
He bowed and extended his hand. "Now milady, are thou ready to go?".

You hesitated, but then blushingly took his hand. He pulled you up and together you left the room while Grayson kept holding your hand.