Chapter 9: Realisation

Komar’s POV

Colonel Bernard left the room after debriefing me about his men’s progress in infiltrating the alien liaisons’ head quarters.

Beside all sorts of interesting new foods, building materials and scientific progress, Roke had an energy source based on an unknown mineral that was not available on Earth, and had plenty of it. Multiple countries were analysing its potential use and the big energy companies were lobbying with Roke’s different governments for access to it.

This crash landing proved to be very beneficial for both planets.

Although the Rokians were initially reluctant to give their location, seeing as Veran died in rather suspicious circumstances, after a year of highly profitable trading they were more willing.

In three months from now, a meeting had been arranged between NATO and a similar organization at Roke, in one of its major cities on the southern continent, to discuss long-term cooperation between the planets.

Additionally, a worldwide network was being set up that combined the financial resources of different countries for a large trade station in space.

We had people in all these organizations, giving us easy access to classified information.

Roke’s location in the galaxy, its layout with all its vital and weak positions, its infrastructure, and the main people in office were all known to us.

Zea had proven to be a strategic genius and had thought of a battle plan that would secure the whole planet within just 48 hours.

I grinned. The smurfs would not understand what hit them.

The only thing that worried me was that Duke Reynolds might take advantage of the invasion and try to march on the palace when most of the soldiers were busy fighting at Roke.

I had just send Magnus on a mission to arrest Reynolds and his wife under the pretence of treason allegations of a fictitious vampire of nobility. This way, I could hold him prisoner for about year to make enquiries, after which I could simply let him go again, asserting that the allegations proved to be untrue.

Nasty, but necessary. He was not to have the crown ever. He would only bring chaos and death to our dimension.

I sat down behind my computer and checked my email and saw that Gerald had send me a message about the final hive being expected to be finished in two months time.

We now had 1500 hives, each carrying 1000 mosquitoes, 1500 vampire soldiers and 500 staff.

Our fleet was ready for war.

Good. I better start making blue prints for the blood bottle factories, order the supplies and start constructing the transport ships.

I wondered what the best way would be to sell the stuff. Smurf blood seemed too special for a simple shop. Maybe Gerald could think of a way to sell it in style.

I rubbed my hands. This was going to be exhilarating; finally an end to centuries of boredom. Teheee!!!

Shocked I realised that the last time I had so much fun was when Noah and I had just met.

Noah was chasing after me to reverse what we did to him. We played hide and seek for years. I smiled when I remembered how determined he had been to get us, and how we time after time managed to elude him.

At some point I had given in. I was too much in love with him to stay running.

I reached out to the cup of blood that was standing next to the computer screen and watched as my razor sharp nails scratched its surface.